The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2005, 10:18 AM

38 years this July - Kathleen and I will be married. Geez hard to believe. Like Kid said I gave my wife hell the first ten years but we finally got it all worked out. I had some adjustements to make and since then - well I have to say I've been really lucky all my life and with this woman I married it was the best move I ever made.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Here is a womans perspective. Men in general can be hard to live with. On the other hand we are not either by any means. Whats that song? Stand by your man.

My grandparents will be married 59 years in June. I wonder each day how the heck they have out up with each other. I don't know myself if I have what it takes to make that work. I admire and respect those that can but one person can't make everything work all the time I guess.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM

MEL - its a big give and take institution. You can't always have it your way - unless you live alone. I'm not ready for that. I enjoy the interaction - whether we get along or have one of our little battle's which are usually over nothing.

I've changed alot I used to battle back now I say sure no problem and do it. I don't give her the edge she often times is looking for.

It takes years to get into that form. It's uncanny but once you start clicking - things smooth right out. I always tell her she's right and that just drives her up the wall. Or I say what ever you want Babe!

I've mellowed much in my later years. Its' easier and I really don't see any point in arguing with her when she's normally correct and I'm not just thinking on the same waive as her.

We both think differently. Women have one way of thinking and men another. That's why we are always good together because usually one of us is right.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 05-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Bob K.

Been married since July 5, 1969. I think its 36 years a coming up.

Wow, and she still loves me. I know a good thing when I see it.

She says I'm easy to live with, except my humor is really sick. But she has learned to ignore that.

Bob we both did good.

Plus, I learned the secrect. I always have the last word.
"Yes Dear"
then I go an do what I want. but don't tell anyone.

Keith
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink Boats

My Kathleen and I hit 38yrs. next DEC. Congratulations to you and your Kathleen. Takes ALOT of work to make a marriage last that long.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Vietnam Vets need not apply

Quote:
Originally posted by MontanaKid My ex told me she put this on her computer dating profile. Said she can't deal with another one. Anybody have similar experience?

I found it curious. But I guess I understand. She always resented my contact with other vets. And I know life wasn't easy with me.
Lemme see: while youre happily married, in a long time relationship your ex is so lame she's posting on a computer dating site
Who's the real loser here?
From my last marriage, I could put up a sign that says: No College Professors Need Apply but theyre so easy to outsmart why bother? Just feed their egos and youre in like Jack The Bear. Also easy to nail, The Right is right about their loose morals.
My motto is: Have a good time with whoever shows up!
Stay good,
James
Old 05-09-2005, 06:50 AM

Default So you're saying...

...I otta hang around campus here in Missoula if I wanna get laid? lol

Cheers
Doc
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 05-12-2005, 12:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

ok, enuf of the virgin comments LOL....i didn't have that many opportunities for boom-boom anyway, as we were always out in the middle of nowhere..literally. as I recall we only had one 3 day stand down in Cu-Chi the whole time we were there....we had a day and half when we returmed from Cambodia after 2 months..

out of the crew that was on the mtn., only a few had long marriages..it seemed everyone i talked to had been married multiple times.

i will be careful to discuss my vietnam service with any future women i date, just because folks don't get it...and probably never will. just IMHO.

Larry
Old 05-12-2005, 12:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Larry...remember, marriage is the leading cause of divorce!

Glad you made it home!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

i really wished i was home........

larry