The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2004, 10:40 AM

Default I'm in Seattle

My dad seems to have aged 20 years since I saw him last summer. Today, I've been left completely alone with him and we shall see how this goes. He's getting quite obstinate. Insisting that he is physically capable of doing things that even I am not capable of. Just practicing patience.

Well, since he is napping at the moment, I'm heading to the jacuzzi for a soak. I probably wont be signing on again until Wednesday when I get back to NY. I'll be flying all day Tues.

I let you know how things are after we've had some time to spend.

Thanks for the prayers guys!

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2004, 12:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post DL

Look up Chris!

Send him a PM and he'll contact you.

Keith
Old 04-28-2004, 12:14 PM

Sorry, I was running from Bremerton to North Bend! I'm exausted!

I promise I'll catch up with Chris in June and you too!

My visit with dad was bittersweet. It was good to see him and hug him but it was sad to see the sparkle gone from his beautiful blue Irish eyes.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-28-2004, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Hang in there DL , you did good. Prayers for your family. Andy and Curtis give you and your husband high marks as good folks after y'all met. Thats good as gold in my book. Keep movin. Peace in your heart
Old 04-28-2004, 06:30 PM

Oh realllly??

Thems good peoples too. It was fun to get together like that. They were like two kids on christmas eve.

As for Pops, I know that he is in the best possible hands ever. You know that old song, "When Irish Eyes are Smiling"? It's so true! When he is happy, there is a certain mischevious sparkle to them. Now he just seems so sad. All I can do is hug him and tell him that I love him.
My neice has been trying to get into nursing school and just found out that she was denied for the second time. So she is very lovingly caring for her grandfather. He's become a very cantancerous old cuss and she has such wonderful patience with him. Although we did have to sit him down yesterday and read him the riot act. If he doesn't start behaving himself and WORK with them on getting him healthy, he's going to find himself in a nursing home where we come to visit. I know this is very difficult for him, but if he wants to get anywhere close to well, then he needs to start accepting this hand he's been dealt and work with it. Denial will not make it just go away. And NOONE has the right to speak and/or treat another human being the way he's been treating Tina. He made her cry and OHHH did my sister get after him! Rightfully so. Word of warning fellas...never step between a she-bear and her cub!

The Seattle VA is by far one of the best I've EVER seen. The team of doctors that are working with him are phenomenal!! Now if we can just get him to tell them the TRUTH instead of what he thinks they should hear, then perhaps they will be able to do their jobs.

This is certainly going to be a very tough battle, but I think we have the right gear, a good team, and all the love anyone can ask for.

I bought a gift certificate for my neice to Gene Juarez Day Spa in Bellevue, WA to thank her for her efforts and to show her how much I love her and appreciate her. She needs some time off for pampering too.
As for me, I'm going to get a manicure this week, never did that before. It should be fun!

Thanks so much for the love and support fellas! God bless you all.

DL
President Ronald Reagan