The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Thumbs up To my fellow service members

Have ya gone to the music site. It's been there for years and I've just plugged into it.
Dave - Thanks alot it brought back ton's of memories.

But - I can't play these songs without having a few beers. So much memory and some good some bad. I think of many things. When hearing these tunes I think of the guys who've served and the losses of so many friends it breaks my heart even today.

Break out a six pack and listen to them. Life is so fleeting but these memories never fade they are built in - stored away (for life) and triggered by many things at different times.

I appreciate all of you and your sacrifices and losses - its along time ago and yet I can see it like it was yesterday.

God bless ya all - I think of you often and I wish you well.

Your Bud

The Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2018, 10:02 AM

Arrow To my fellow Veterans and all Those on Active Duty - HAPPY EASTER

To my fellow Veterans and all Those on Active Duty - HAPPY EASTER

From the Boats & all those on the Patriot Files & it's Members

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Arrow 8-6-18 My latest thread - I haven't gone away "Welcome Aboard" Boats

Hey Guys' and Gal's its 1808 on the 8th of August 2018 and yes I'm still alive. On my 4rd 16 oz. of PBR. Listening to Dave's Tunes I've mention them earlier but it seems nobody is reading my post. Here's the music link: http://www.patriotfiles.com/index.php?name=NS-vietnamM

VN guys grab a six pack or more! And listen to the tunes. I think of so many things back then. Lost many Brother's including the loss of my Brother Larry and my Best Friend George Yocum. Many I've served with are already gone - but I'm like old dirt I will wait a little more before taking my dirt nap.

If you go to this link make sure you got a six pack or qt of your favorite. Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Lovin makes me think of my wife. God I wish I could take her pain and suffering. She's a swell Italian woman who would make a jacket rabbit hug a hound.

I'm heading to the dentist in few days to yank a few more teeth. Eventually I will get new ones. 72 now and still feel like I should be on active duty. God help those already serving! I know they are the best of the best but these wars and conflicts are taking our prime folks which disturbs me. I feel proud in my heart of those serving and you should too! But remember those we leave behind how they must be suffering!

I need another beer hold on one moment! OK I'm back four down two to go. I'd go to the VFW but too many are out of control. My Baby Wrote Me A Letter is on make sure you go to the link I posted. We are never too old to remember.

Support our Trooper's they need us just as much as we need them. I only wish I was young enough to re-enlist! Two tours is all my wife would wait for so I got out after 12 years.

This site is the only one I signed up with. Dave and all the guys here are swell. We had many more but they moved on to other sites and/or are taking dirt naps. God Bless them all I miss them - we are all Brother's/Sister's regardless of race or religion. It's a bond of which can never be taken away.

Many I served with were either killed or died already which only means I'm next in the food chain. But until then I will raise hell and will talk with anyone who wants to shoot the shit. Maintain always! Keep your cool and be the Veteran's you are or going to be. This Brotherhood and now Sisterhood needs our support and backing. Congress doesn't seem to mind sending us to these shitholes but as long as we remain a family they can't break our spirit or goals.

Fly the Flag make other's that come home Welcome and be supportive. Join a VFW or American Legion keep in touch with those returning - they need to know what they did for the USA. VA center's "Welcome Home" to them still goes a long way.

For this old Boats - remember all that serve (regardless of duty) "all" are our Brother's and Sister's. Never forget this - or this Old Boats may haunt you - only kidding - or am I?

Grab a beer and come on board! Dave needs your support. I won't be here much longer so I'm passing the torch to you new guys! Sign up and post don't just read!

Best Regards -
Boats (VN Vet) 8-6-18

Late note: Vote each time you log in to this web site it's important to keep our activity posted and it means alot to Dave! - Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-18-2018, 04:21 PM

Arrow 8-18-18 Update on my feelings!

Hey Guys & Gals - I just deleted my earlier less pleasant statement that I want to say because you couldn't understand the issues at hand. The mid-06's and early 70's we deserved better. We had no flower's in our hair when we were on the line doing what we were told to do. We all lost many friends during this period of which I will never forget. We were dishonored by the people of this country upon our return. We the lucky ones reserve our right to declare this. I lost many school friends during this conflict as you called it. I had to meet with these parents when I returned.

Note: While many of you were draft dodgers - or smoking your dope and partying. You have no idea what this did to those in the field!

I hope you choke on your burnt draft cards and inturn meet your maker to justify your excuses to our maker.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-18-2018, 04:29 PM

Default Yes I've had a few beers

My neighbor and I were recapping our lives and this discussion came up after our 6th beer.
We both talked about those years and felt empty that the returnees had to succumb to such and ordeal at the airports. Yes I'm a veteran and yes I had at least 6 beers but I'll be damned if I will withdraw the statements that still ring in my head upon my arrival at the airport in Chicago.

Boats

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-22-2019, 03:39 PM

Arrow Hey its 1508 on 4/22/19 thought I'd post another line or two.

Hey its 1508 on 4/22/19 thought I'd post another line or two.

I wonder how many of you visit the music site on this web site? No one ever responds so I guess you're looking in to see if this old Boats is still playing with a full deck.

Went to the VA (Crown Point, IN) today to see the Doc (yearly check up after blood work) and found out I've got a blown left shoulder. Took X-rays I won't know how bad until they come back. Forgot to get last weeks blood test - just curious always want to see if anything needs fixing.

Wife isn't any better - in fact she's showing signs that things could be getting more serious.

Seems she's got a gallstone and this on top of all her other issues isn't making her day. This idiopathic neuropathy is taking a tool on her nervous system doctors say there is nothing they can do (no cure) & but put her on anxiety medications. She's slowly but surely fading abit and her balance is going as well as her ability to control her body temperature. Pretty sad and she cries all the time - saying she just wants to die.

It isn't easy watching your wife of 52 years getting this terrible medical issue. At first she dealt with it thinking she would find someone who could help her. We've seen several doctors in every field and they all say there is nothing we can do. The shrinks tell her take your medication (which has awful side-effects) and talk it out with your therapist. Yea right. Temperature changes are the worst. And I feel more things are happening or let's say progressing of which nobody can do anything.

The latest test she got was chest x-ray found the gull stone plus her lungs are thickening which is making her breathing more difficult. Don't know what they will do about that?

Grandson fell and broke his ankle - get this playing basketball on a trampoline. 15 years old and you think he would be smarter. Casted for 6-7 weeks should heal Ok but I told him did you learn anything? Oh Papa everybody was doing it. Yea but you got hurt they didn't YET!!

I sit in the garage alot (I was let go about three years ago by my last company). No pensions so working on our saving's and SS. It isn't easy but we hold our own. Watch reruns on TV boy that sucks. Wife is still partially mobil but can take the weather changes as her system doesn't like temperature changes. So at home almost 24/7. Can't take any trips as sitting in a car for any length of time hurts her back and is uncomfortable for her.

Poor kid - she got dealt a bad hand.. She does her best but is in a closed loop for conversation primarily talks about her condition only. That gets old and the kids don't come over much - like they used to. Their Nana isn't the same person they once knew.
Our Daughter's try to tell them whats going on but she's difficult to be around when her only subject is about her. My wife realizes that but still her conversations go back to her 95% of the time. She also gets mad at us for not understanding what she's going through even though we say we do.

Lost touch with many of my old pals and few have already nodded off. Have two living Sisters but don't see them much any more.

Make it to the VFW in Dyer, IN Post 6448 once and awhile. They know my wife's condition and have sent her flowers - which I thought was nice. They are a bunch of good guys and their wives bring food down every now and then. They also have a beer party on the 4th of July holiday. Of course sell the Veterans Red and Blue Clovers. They play darts and shoot the shit about any subject anyone can bring up. Recently got some new guys and that good as the older guys are nodding off more and more.

So that's about it I gave you a boring thread to read about Jack Shit! That's what happens when you get old.

I wish you all well and happiness. If you got health - Thank God! Travel and do what you can before the bottom falls out and you can't jack anymore. Tell you Wife and Kid's and Grandkids you love them. Pad their pocket with a fiver every now and then. But then they expect and your doomed.

You guys stay healthy and my regards to your families.

Boats (see below)

Haven't had a beer yet - but thinking about 1 or 2 later.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"