The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2004, 08:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Matter of Perception?

?AMAZING? is the only word that I can conjure up to describe this current election process! More politics than substance is going into this circus than in any other such event in recent history, in my opinion!!

First off, records are being pushed into the public?s face that are often more ?Mother Goose? than stark reality. And rather than centering on actual deeds (in many cases non-existent), the focus has been on the other guy?s lack of any real saving graces!!

First off, we see Senator Kerry?s camp bragging about the war record of its candidate. And granted, John-John II was there in the shit, which is far more than can be said for the other guy who spent his military time dodging tacos in the skies over Texas!

Whether or not some of Mr. Kerry?s decorations were self-awarded is a matter for history to resolve. The fact is that - ?Whether he remained below decks, or on the bridge while under fire, he still risked death for his nation!!? And for the record, the bulkhead of a swift boat makes for damned poor body armor! Bottom line - ?He (Kerry) was there - Bush was not!?

Granted, sending over a thousand of our kids (so far) to their deaths for ingrates in the Middle East (at least partially for oil and power), is a hard task, made even more difficult by a cleverly planned absenteeism on the part of the person doing the sending!!

Next, when Bush II decided that Hussein had to go, as the man was an unstable despot at best, hardly anyone disputed the logic and need for such a move! But when the given rationale for such a move was over-extended and packed with bullshit, logical questions began to surface! ?Where in the hell were these stockpiles of WMD, who was this African Nuclear Connection, and of course, where was this clear and present danger?"

?It must be noted that when ?Bush I? was kicking ass in 1991, he was never more popular!? Could it be that ?Bush II?, taking a lesson from dad, decided that the only real mistake made by his father was in ending the First Gulf War? After all, the memory of the public has proven to be short-lived as concerns war, and/or those who served in our nation?s past wars, and more's the shame!?

The courageous souls who honorably served in these wars are (often) quickly shoved into the rear ranks of memory - ?JUST ASK THE VA, and THOSE POLITICOS WHO ORCHESTRATE WARFARE!!? How soon they opt to forget!!

Now given the President?s penchant for kissing international ass (After the fact), and for supporting (nearly) the entire planet at the expense of our own people (financially and blood-wise), and the fact that he is as guilty of vacillating as the guy that he and his VP constantly accuse of being wishy-washy, the only word that comes to mind is hypocrite (opinion)!

Of course, the Chief Exec?s attacks against Kerry?s war record have been mostly second person, as he who lives in political glass houses rarely casts stones personally! And when it comes to pointing the finger, Mr. Bush has been the real pro behind the scenes (another opinion)!

Lastly, what of this on-again, off-again romance between Bush and a few of those international, two-faced wieners, who erroneously claim the role of allies? After thumping his chest in defiance, and then going it nearly alone, he is now kissing the ass of our part-time friends and claiming that the current action in the Middle East is a Coalition move! ?What Coalition", considering that over 90% of the casualties and money is coming out of our pockets and ranks, and into the bank accounts of a few selected countries and Daddy Warbucks pals of the in-crowd?

This is not conjecture, but rather fact, regardless of constant denials and political smoke screens! Hell, even that little dude that heads up the pompous U.N. knows more about what he is doing that some of our own politicos! He (the Kofi-Man) leaves no room for doubt that he is out for himself and the United Nations alone, where as, a scant few of our own leaders insist upon consistently falling under the heels of some of our me-ist, part-time, international pals!

Now if this piece sounds like I personally feel that both candidates leave something to be desired, you may be right on! If I also sound like I feel that we must concern ourselves with our own ills and needs first, again you hit the nail squarely upon the head. ?Then if we are to lead, we must lead by example!"

We went into this current war with what President Bush called poor Intelligence! I personally feel that making such a damaging statement to the world about our own capabilities, people, and possible shortcomings, was unwise and totally political in nature! "It made us look faulty, unsure and flawed?"

But when our own President points the finger in every direction but his own, it makes us look like damned fools! And as far as these claims of Kerry being wishy-washy, if he is, then so is Bush in my opinion!?

The WMD fiasco, the African Connection screw-up, the military record stone throwing, etc, etc, all prove that neither candidate is perfectly suited to the task! (yet another opinion)

?So where does this leave us - if all of this boulder tossing is true (and I personally doubt it)!? - Certainly not with a choice of the best man for the monumental task ahead, but rather with a choice between the lesser of two evils (opinion again)!?

?What ever happened to the descendants of patriots past now that we need them?? The upcoming elections just may determine (once and for all) if ?We The People? still run our own nation, or if complacency, arrogance, ego, foreign whim and demands, and the media alone, now run and dictate our lives and perceived freedoms!?

?VOTE WISELY - THE FREEDOMS, THE SOVEREIGNTY, AND THE NATION THAT YOU SAVE, JUST MAY BE OUR OWN!?

VERITAS
Old 10-08-2004, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Speaking of bottom line, when a Swift is beached it goes snout up, it?s a V-hull and that?s what V-hulls do. That puts the main battery 50 cal in the down gun stops and the most the gunner is going to be able to do is punch holes in the air or trim tree tops.

Zo, that automatically lets the enemy under the guns and yer screwed, flat-ass out of offence or defense and out of luck. Nobody in their right mind would pull a stunt like that let alone get a self-proclaimed Silver Star. He?s just damn lucky a near-by landing craft saw what was going on and cut loose with an M 60 and wounded a VC that was, in fact, under PF 94?s guns with a B-40 rocket in hand. But then, I was only in Navy VN Market Time Opps for two years, so what do I know, right.

Scamp
Old 10-08-2004, 05:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scamp

It kinda reminds you of Pueblo incident, don't it!!!!!

Veritas
Old 10-08-2004, 06:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In a way Rick, yes, a similar situation. But different in that the Pueblo wasn?t a combat vessel and didn?t purposefully/stupidly go poke it?s head in the dragon?s mouth and say, ?here, take a big bite?. Rule one; never let the enemy under the guns. If ya do, yer an oil slick soaked piece of toast then and there. Rule two; if ya do and don?t get nailed, don?t brag about it, just be afraid and learn something for the next day.

Scamp