The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2024, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up An Idea

Demolition of the old Waldorf–Astoria began on October 1, 1929.[197] Stripping the building down was an arduous process, as the hotel had been constructed using more rigid material than earlier buildings had been. Furthermore, the old hotel's granite, wood chips, and "'precious' metals such as lead, brass, and zinc" were not in high demand back then, resulting in issues with disposal.[198] Most of the wood was deposited into a woodpile on nearby 30th Street or was burned in a swamp elsewhere. Much of the other materials that made up the old hotel, including the granite and bronze, were dumped into the Atlantic Ocean near Sandy Hook, New Jersey.[199][200]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-28-2023
Dear President Trump et al;

I do not know if this has ever been proposed before, or even whether the thought has even occurred to you, or if it has even been exercised, but while reading the above piece, it came to me that: I hope that the above reference site that was used as a dumping ground for the materials listed above has been at least memorialized with some kind of a plaque or even floating monument?

After all, and this is merely my own opinion, far too much of “Our Own United States History” has been lost to the ages by short-sighted individuals who failed to see (or even realize) that anything of historical value might be of interest to future generations of Americans?

“History lost, after all, is often history that is never regained!!”

And the same is unfortunately true of many other unknown (or little remembered) sites that have been swallowed-up by infantile (or forgetful) minds who think-not of the damage that they have done to our children’s heritage, to our gallant history, and to the records of those places and events that cannot and will never again, be replaced within the annals of Americana!

For history and national pride that is lost, is a heritage that may never again be reclaimed – ‘and so it is!’

“Our United States History - Love it, embellish it, take pride in it or abandon its trajectory forever!”

Hardcore