Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2024, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Insurrection Act

2-26-2023

(Personal Opinions)

According to what I have just read, “The Insurrection Act” has been invoked several times in the past by “Presidents of the United States of America!” And this, apparently, has been done to quell various problems that ‘Our Presidents’ have deemed to be of danger to “Our Nation and to Her People At Large!” These incidents have included, if I read them correctly, Labor Conflicts, Desegregation, Looting and Even Riots, etc!

It is also my personal opinion, however, that it is a shame when one’s own military has to be brought into play against “Our Very Own People! But apparently, situations have arisen in the past where this has become a necessary evil! The only question remaining now is:

“Where and When” should this “Insurrection Act” be invoked, and when (if ever) should the powers of “The Oval Office” circumvent even the dictates of “The People Themselves (hypothetically speaking)?” Now I am no expert in “The Laws of Our Land”, but it does seem to me (opinion) that this “Insurrection Act” has the potential for abuse, even though safeguards have been put into place, that would happen if (at some future date), some politician were to invoke “This Insurrection Act” for his (or her) own personal, or political party use? It can’t happen says you – well, I wonder says I (?), as stranger things than this have been known to have occurred?

As a matter of fact, and with the advent of “The Current Movie Mindset”, along with the changing ways that people think and reason these days, it has got to make you wonder - just what in the ‘Hell’ the future may hold in store for us all! I mean, who (at that time) would have ever thought that “Our Magnificent People” would ever revolt against “The Mighty British Empire (1775 and 1812)”, or that this nation of ours would go to war with itself “Between 1861 and 1865?”

For that matter who can even say with all certainty that riots, unrest, and other forms of civil disobedience, will not (and cannot), once again, rear their ugly little heads amidst our very own people? It has occurred before -“has it not?” And for any freedom-loving man or woman to totally dismiss the potential of civil unrest in the future is, as I see it, ludicrous at best! Especially among a nation of people who pride themselves in their independence, free speech (which is still, at times, coming under some bureaucratic attack), and a stubborn resolve that no amount of political rancor will ever (or could ever) quell or abolish – not within “This Land of the Free” in either case!! “AND FREE SPEECH ALONE (In My Opinion) - NEVER AMOUNTS TO INSURRECTION!!”

But if you can ever restrict, or limit, the use of The Very First Amendment To Our U.S. Constitution, then have you not also crippled “Our Entire Nation?! And winning our independence, and keeping our independence, maybe two different things!”

Hardcore