The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2003, 01:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Nothing Short Of Manslaughter?

?This is my first piece A.D. (After Darkness)!!?

My sincerest thanks to Bernadette, Recon, and all of our other friends whose concerns we really appreciate!!

It is about 12:55 A.M., PST, 1 November 2003, and I wrote several pieces (Pen) by candlelight during this 6 days blackout that I will, after I wake up, put on line. The one below, however, I just had to get up right now....
----------------------------------------------------

Firefighting assets were left (literally) sitting upon the runways, according to the one radio station that I was able to get during this whole mess (the recent firestorms)!

?Why You Ask?!? Well, at least in my opinion, that is an easy question to answer. And before the ?Powers That Be? get their heads together with their speech writers, their spin doctors, and their media pals, I am going to tell you that (in my opinion), it was a case of gross political apathy, several lies, and incompetence!?

Of course, at least one politico will tell you that he pushed a bill (day before yesterday) to get us some aerial help in the Southland, but the day before yesterday (even with my fogged brain) was Thursday, four days after the fires began!? ?So what happened to Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? ?

Do you realize how far a wild fire can travel in that many days, especially when it is driven by heavy winds, low humidity and extremely dry brush? ?Well the people of Ramona, Valley Center, Escondido, Alpine, Julian, Pine Valley, Guatay, Scripps Ranch, etc., etc., may not (?) ever forget the "Firestorms of 2003", especially come the next elections, federal and state!!? (We Shall See?)

Of course you do realize that the delay in getting tankers and water choppers airborne will be blamed upon the other political party, by both parties for years to come! A politician, after all, is going to make hay, even out of death, fire and brimstone! But as a result of this ?GROSS NEGLIGENCE?, many people died (including at least one firefighter), hundreds of millions of dollars in property was incinerated (at least 2600 homes), one town was totally erased, and over 800,000 (?) acres was cremated!!

Of course, it must also be remembered that - ?Property can be replaced, but human lives can not - And again, many people expired in these flames!!?

Naturally, many in power were blaming everyone else in power for incompetence, but the firefighters performed magnificently, and the people themselves showed great courage during this tribulation!

As for a few political, bureaucratic, and lordly types, they naturally excused away their actions under the guise of procedure and red tape! This while others in political and bureaucratic power were taking bows almost from the git-go for invisible achievements that will grow in magnitude as the days pass! As for ?San Diego and it?s Backcountry?, however, the people will continue to suffer and question for some time to come!

People around here use to look back at the ?Great San Diego County (Laguna) Fire? of 1971 with awe and shock. This recent firestorm of 2003, however, blitzed that blaze in spades!!? No Electrical Power, No Water, No Heat, No Food, and in many cases, "NO MORE RESPECT" for some of those who are supposed to represent the common good!?

Will heads roll as a result of this blaze - ?YOU BET YOUR ASS THEY WILL!!?
-------------------------
It is now 1:55 A.M., Saturday 1 November 2003, Good Nite to all!!!!

?MORE To Come!!?

VERITAS
Old 11-01-2003, 03:25 AM

Default But

you might slow them, but you can't keep a good person down, and YOU and all the other good folks in. CA. are OUR personification of that!!!!!!!
SF
NC
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks Humper! You guys on this site are great people also!!!

VERITAS
Old 11-01-2003, 08:54 AM

Best wishes HC.
Hope you and all in San Diego recover from this speedily.
Godspeed.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:21 AM

I hope the CA voters remember that state politicans put all you southern Californians in peril with some strange laws. Protect dead trees and not people, for one. I have cousin in Poway, and my son in attending college in Long Beach. Both are OK. The fire stopped short of cousin's house in Poway. Only the smoke has effected Andy.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Any time you have a major incident that involves City, county, state, and Government agencys, you have a huge cluster ----.
Everyone that has just a little bit of brass thinks he or his agency is in charge, and its worse when women with brass get involved, they not only think they or there agency is in charge but also have to prove that they are man enough to handle the job.
Then--- if the incident is moving, like your fires, the lines of who is in charge are changing and may even be unknown. Now you through in rivalries, Cross town fire departments sometimes are akin to cross town football teams,
Then there is the different level of professional teams. 5 volunteers from Bo-hunk city are asked to work with 5 smoke jumper team members, (not a good mix)
And lastly, SOPs (standard operating proceedures)
Each agency has there own set of SOPs and require there personnel to do or not do certain things that some other agency right next to them is doing or not doing.

All these things come into play and then we fight fire,

Im surprised things are working as well as they are.

Ron
Old 11-01-2003, 10:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Smile

1IDVET & usmcsgt65

Thanks gents - I hope that your people are well and safe too!

VERITAS
Old 11-01-2003, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC...

Glad to see you broke The Code and got back on line. Now, you can also break or bust political and/or or beaurocratic balls. Now, more so than ever,...such greatly needs doing.

After all, as cruel, heartless and uncaring as Mother Nature might have been,...unfortunate California has proven that some politicos and/or beaurocrats have been even more cruel, heartless and uncaring, and even made matters worse. Naturally, that was then, and now is now.

Now, and after the dust has settled (literally), and the fires have been mostly extinguished,...I would be willing to bet that same beaurocratic bums alluded to, just can't do enough for you beleagured Californians. Naturally again, you no doubt will have to wait a bit for any assistance,...since first things first.

Regardless, when The Inept Ones or Finger up their Butts politicos during emergencies (in general also) get tired of blaming the other's Party for all that ails California and California's burning,...I'm fairly sure all your necessary services will be restored.

Plus my Friend,...glad to know that you and yours are safe and intact (fierier than ever also).

Neil
Old 11-01-2003, 02:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

FRIENDS -

Have no doubts about it - I fully intend to rag on the asses of the inter-connected, polititically-motivated, mink-lined ass-holes who should have known and done better, but as usual - DID NOT!!

VERITAS
Old 11-01-2003, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Several Years Ago (20+)

WE had a brush fire just outside our jurisdiction. Our crew went in an put it out because we were closer. When the department arrived who belonged to that jurisdiction saw we had done a good job, they thanks us turned around and went home. My crew and I stayed the night at the scene because we didn't want the fire to go anywhere and possibly cause more damage. Couldn't believe they just drove back to their station and went to bed. Now, the next day their fire chief heard about it when our fire chief got in contact with him. The Capt on duty said, "It was their fire they put it out, they were obligated to spend the night." "But, it was in your jurisdiction" our Fire Chief related. The ultimate responsibility was with the Fire District in which the fire was located said the attorney.

I have seen Fire trucks go to a fire in a rural area and if the fire wasn't in their district when they arrived, park at the end of the drive way and watch a house burn. Fortunately my fire chief and I felt that you can't operate that way. If you have a truck and you are at the scene you have a moral obligation to put out the fire.

I think this is probably some of the internal in fighting that goes on with agencies. To me its dumb, when public safety and lives are at stake.

Sic um Hardcore!

Keith