The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2003, 04:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl

What I see is loss of personal privacy. Most say we need to do this to catch the evil dooers. On 911 my daughter was in NY harbor. I didn't know what to think. I called her cell phone. She told me I couldn't ask questions. I understood that as an American, but the Mommy in me found it the most difficult thing I've ever done. Then came the emergency laws that were enacted. I think we should list them and see if we want to give up those liberties since we have the greatest armed forces in the world. You just saw this first hand.

Something unrelated... why do the patches of the flag, on our forces uniform have the field of stars to the right as you look at them?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2003, 05:36 PM

I heard it was so they never appear to be retreating, you know, always going forward in battle.That's what I heard.

Old 05-05-2003, 09:33 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Reeb...

What Scamp said...I too was directing my comments in regard to the author of the article. As was everyone else.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-05-2003, 09:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool

Vetgirl What Nang said about the Flag is the reason
Old 05-06-2003, 09:02 AM

Default My thought was....

I just saw the article and thought it an interesting point of view. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the author's point of view. I'm always interested in what others have to say and they are certainly welcomed to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

Peace.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Theo,
Thank you for the interesting and response-provoking article. I never for one moment reckoned you espoused or rejected Jill?s small words. As I know you to be, if you have a belief or something to say, there is no mistaking your thunder and steel. And sure, everyone gets to have his or her say. I do admit to getting a bit pissy when people are paid to express a view and proceed to be totally stupid and counter productive for the simple purpose of whacking off mud turtles and/or agitating people.

Scamp