Old 01-05-2004, 06:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Limbaugh Diagnosis of Dr. Dean

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...k_1.guest.html

The Limbaugh Diagnosis of Dr. Dean

January 5, 2004

Listen to Rush...
(?talk about how Dean is stoking the flame of his followers' rage)

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT 12:40 PM ET

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, let me cut to the chase here, because I've had several thoughts on what we've seen about Dr. Dean since the last time we were together on Christmas Eve. Now, the first has to do with Dr. Dean's display of weakness. I just mentioned this. He publicly whined about Terry McAwful not intervening when other Democratic presidential candidates criticized him. We've been told time and time again by Dr. Dean that if the president criticizes him, Dean's going to hit back and he's going to hit back hard. He's been warning Bush to lay off. If Bush attacks him, then Dean is going to show no mercy. He's going to hit back hard. And he's cultivated this image of a scrapper, a tough guy, short little guy, stocky but it doesn't matter, he's going to take on all comers, he can take and deliver a punch.

Yet when he's the object of relatively mild attacks by the Democrats, Dean shows that he's weak and needs protection and puts out an APB for McAwful to protect him. I found it all very revealing, and it was entirely predictable that in the aftermath of his plaintive cry for help, the other Democrat candidates for president would act like sharks that smell blood in the water, and they did.

The second thing, Dr. Dean is in danger of losing the one appealing quality he allegedly has and that's authenticity. I say allegedly because he's one of these - his supporters think ? ?well, this guy, no end to this, he's just great, he's authentic.? That's how they explain his gaffes. You tell me that Bush knew about this before 9-11, and I'm going to tell you I might believe you. Saudis told Bush to get out of Washington. I tell you I might believe you. That's authentic, that's how they defend these guys. His various comments about religion, first how the Democrats should not get in a values debate about God, gays, and guns. Oh, speaking of that, turns out that some of his original supporters are from the very affluent and militant gay community. Affluent and militant gay sector of the Democratic Party. More on that as the program unfolds.

He said a few months ago, "I don't think that religion ought to be part of American policy." And then his newfound willingness to talk, only in the South though, about Jesus, appears to be pandering and cynical, maybe even craven. And then there was that line that James Carville used about him, Dr. No and that he needs to learn the glory of the unspoken thought. Third, Dean's reputation as being a straight talker has been damaged by his lack of straight talk. Let me just give you one ongoing example, and there are many. His continuing refusal to open up his records when he was governor. Dean promised he'd do so when Bush did and when it turned out that Bush has revealed his records, Dean balked. Lieberman and John F-ing Kerry were effective in making that case during yesterday's debate. The problem is nobody saw it.

Fourth, based on his public comments, at least it appears as though Dr. Dean has more animus for President Bush than he does for either Saddam Hussein or Osama bin Laden. Now, this is astonishing. It's astonishing that Dean would throw out - he did it on a public broadcast, National Public Radio, the government-funded NPR - sorry, my friends, don't think of them much. NPR. He threw out on NPR the wholly unsubstantiated charge that President Bush was told in advance about September 11th and the attacks then but when speaking about bin Laden, who claims credit - I mean bin Laden is out there proudly claiming credit for those attacks - Dean is most concerned that we not prejudge bin Laden's case. I mean, this is amazing when he said this. I wouldn't prejudge bin Laden, there's nothing that tells me bin Laden is guilty. Bin Laden is out there claiming credit for it. This is the guy that thinks Bush knew about it in advance but we've got to not prejudge bin Laden. And of course these kooks at MoveOn.org and all these Dean supporters, yay, that's our man! They're nuts.

I tell you what, if you are one who has trouble controlling your emotions, particularly anger and rage, let the average Democrat today be a lesson for you. You run the risk of becoming exactly as loony and kooky as they have become. I can't even relate to it. I have never been as mad as these people are, nor for as long, I don't know how they sustain it. The normal human being doesn't have this reservoir of emotion. I mean you can only keep this level of emotion fever pitch up for so long and then you run out. The reservoir is empty. These people, I think, it's one of the things that Dean keeps stoking it, you know, Dean keeps stoking their anger and keeps them up there, and I'm going to tell you, they have to have it. These people cannot live today without this rage and anger. It?s almost like they've become addicted to it and they can't get rid of it and they don't want to get rid of it, and if they don't feel angry and if they don't feel seething with rage then they're not happy. These people are the most miserably happy people I've ever seen, or happily miserable people I've ever seen, and Dean is stoking these people and keeping them at this fevered pitch.

It's increasingly clear also to me, a very seasoned observer, ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Dean not very good when speaking on his feet. He makes mistake after mistake. Soviet Union instead of Russia, Book of Job in the New Testament he says, his comment that he supposes the fall of Saddam would be a good thing for the people of Iraq, his statement about Confederate flags on pickup trucks, on and on and on, I mean the list is too long to mention here. And he says he has a tendency to mouth off. I think it's just that he's not ready for prime time. Listen to this. This is Howard Dean in the current issue of Time magazine. Quote, this whole thing is a Howard Dean statement. "I'm intuitive, and I jump steps ahead. Part of what gets me in trouble on the stump is I shorthand things. I know what I'm thinking but I don't say every word of it. I was that way as a doctor. I eliminate possibilities unconsciously before they get to my consciousness. It's also part of my political judgment. I often know I want to do things before I know why, although the thinking goes on all the time. The way I think is, if you give me information, I tuck it back somewhere and I work on it and work on it and work on it without being aware of it and then all of the sudden ten months later something will pop out based on a whole series of things that I've learned in the last ten months and finally all of a sudden it falls into place." Howard Dean, quote, unquote, explaining how his mind works. Charles Krauthammer had it right. Krauthammer said I went to medical school with guys like this. They're never wrong, they don't ever think they make a mistake and they think they're the smartest people in the room.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Deselction Process

Based on Dean's self-proclaimed diagnostic prowess, one that may develop after a 10-month hiatus, the patient might have already died due to neglect, benign or otherwise. That medical nonfeasance could keep him off my primary care provider list, even if I was demented enough to live in Vermont at the time of his practicing so-called medicine.

Add Dean's unorthodox diagnostic process to his current condition of semi-permanent foot-in-mouth disease, and he appears to be the 2004's answer to the question of When Will The Press Start Asking Real Questions. " I think Osama bin Laden should have due process of law after his arrest." Right. I think we did the same thing for Tojo, the invitees at the Nurenburg trials, and other occasions when we were at war. "I really got religion, and one of my favorite books of the New Testament is the book of Job. I'll only talk about religion in the South, as I think I can fool those country hicks into believing that I know what I'm talking about." Right. "I want the votes of the white guys that drive pick-up trucks with Confederate flag decals." Right. This campaign message funded by the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, Trisexual Crossdressers Association, real friends of guys that drive pick-up trucks with Confederate flag decals. Right.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Ah, yes,

Michael Dean - the Plasticrat. He'll try and mold himself into whatever kind of politician he thinks the immediate audience wants at the moment. Homosexual kindered up north and on the left coast, Hispanic immigrant (legal or illegal) supporter in Florida and Texas and redneck Bible-thumper in the south. The problem is that (1) he didn't know that the book of Job is in the Old Testament of the Bible (2), the queer cause doesn't well down south and (3) illegal immigrants don't get to vote.

I still think that he will be, or maybe already is viewed as a little too far left for the Democratic party. Kerry, Liberman, Gephart, clark, etc are too close to the center and Sharpton and a couple of others are so blantantly stupid, the party will have no choice but to "draft" a candidate that can pull the party back to the midly left position - Hillary Clinton. The only "real" candidate that any true blue-dog Democrat thinks has a chance in hades of beating Bush.

Hillary gained a lot of practice in keeping her mouth shut during her husband's trials ands tribulations (unlike Monica ), so she's been able to keep the party's little secret, at least for now. I wonder though, with all the guffaws Dean's making and all the dirty little noises the other candidates are making, just how long she will be able to keep silent before the Democratics lose too many followers to mount a meaningful campaign against Bush ? I figure by the end of February or mid-March, the poster-child for coyote-ugly will have to start making some direct comments herself, in order to be taken seriously at the convention. Of course, she'll have to make sure dear old hubby keeps his mouth shut ( both figurelity and actually) until after she accepts the draft.

Stay tuned folks, to your local comedy channel for the latest in the Democratic party's (how true it is !) follies !!!
Old 01-07-2004, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Candidate Dean is the most interesting political critter to come along in ages and has feet, feathers, dist and squawks boiling around in the DNC hen house. I suppose the next grand Dean pronouncement will be something along the lines of, ?All things in moderation except moderation?. With that great pronouncement I suppose the Dean faithful will swoon and faint, blinkers will wink and flash, we?ll see some pretty face on TV divining the deep intellect of it all, and the internet will be aglow with thoughts as to how to go about non-moderation, moderation.

I now have a gut feel that just around the bend there just may be a DNC six-foot diameter rubber mallet that goes thunk-squish and Candidate Dean will come to reckoning with the DNC whirl wind.

Scamp
Old 01-10-2004, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Your Scampness

And a pleasant Saturday morning to ya!!! And as usual, reading or re-reading your perambulations is good for the soul, if not for an overt chuckle or three. Howsomeever, I may want to take slight, ever so slight issue with your prognostications about the rubber mallet methodology to be employed by the DNC. But first, a side bar: last Sunday, after church, of course, my bride and I treated little grandaughter #1 to some chow and frivolities at a local Mr. Gatti's. They have one of those arcades, with all sorts of neat little games for the little critters, and one in particular was rather amusing, one that brings your mallet+energy=thunk/squish metaphor to mind. It was one of those "smack-the-gopher" games, with the player using a foam-rubber whacker to pound those pesky pests back into the hole.

Now, that game raises an interesting hypothetical question: who in the DNC has either the power, the cajones and/ or the willingness to grab said mallet and whack the gopher of Dean back into his hole? Terry McEarful is just the Clinton's bullyboy, whose power lies only in control of the pursestrings on the Demo moneybags. And the Clintons, who really still run the DNC, have no current stomach for chastising the Mean Dean. This whole thing has degenerated to something way beyond a mere food fight, and it is resembling more and more a convention of cannibels, with each tribe desiring the other to be the entree. Making this little cafeteria of crazies even more entertaining is that the media is serving soft pudding in the form of questions to Dean, who gives a provides a different answer de jour, with the press rarely asking for clarification. When they do ask, the clarification is usually a contradiction to earlier pronouncements. As I noted earlier, it just gets curiouser and curiouser!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-18-2004, 05:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Yup, and if the dem pols still have any cajones left, Gephardt will be the final nominee with, maybe, Edwards his VP.

Just a guess.

I remember what happened to Gene McCarthy, eh tu Brutes? They dopn't l;et crap like that slide ALL the way to the "real" voting booth now do they...
Old 01-18-2004, 06:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

How convenient of you to come out with your predictions just hours away form the first beauty contest. But you may be right! Sir Scamp certainly hopes so, as he's developed a severe case of anti-crowitis, irespective of all the good recipes I've sent him!!

Old 01-19-2004, 04:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well, the three of us began prognosticating along these very lines about this time last year...

I just don't see it happening for Dean or Kerry, and the other contenders aren't even close in real terms... the DNC has just done a neat tactical maneuver, drawing out the "Base" by letting some fool(s) take the point for as long as necessary and then whammo, the hammer falls, back room big time, done deal, sewed shut "in the interest of the Democrat party and the future of our children and old people and for the sake of the middle class..." yadda yadda yadda

Dean gets a nice footnote in the memory of seventeen compulsive fact keepers, and that's it... back to Vermont and harvesting tree sap. Kerry goes back to the Senate and eventually fills Teddy's chair. Edwards might get VP or maybe a Cabinet offer if and when the Dems get the white house again. Lieberman has not got a prayer of much beyond his present post, if he stays in elected politics. Sharpton's kids will end up trying to figure out what to do with all the remainders of his campaign posters. Kucinich, jeez... what WAS that guy thinking! Clark, if Franks had been in his corner he might've had a shot, at roughly 5% of the vote.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

So you think it's going to be The Man with The Incredible Disappearing Eyebrows? And therefore, a coalition of Labor, Blacks, Let's Soak the Rich - Tax & Spenders is going to get him elected?

Old 01-19-2004, 02:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scoutness,

Didn't he also start parting his hairs on the OTHER side? Did I see that correctly?

Hell, the man IS a Republican!

They ain't getting anybody elected this cycle, unless they pull some huge kind of political crime. Nominated, probably... elected not.

Its the HHH - McCarthy deal all over again, and "Move On" is leading the forelorn charge, under a different name, same deal, same claims, same old same old.

Gimme a Democrat I can vote for, and I damn sure will.

Things have gotten real serious, and I ain't wasting another vote for as long as there is breath within these tired old lungs.

I'm stickin' with the CIC.

Watch for "Move On" to "storm the barricades" come the Dem convene...

Damn, I so wish we could have truly open and honest party conventions anymore...

Yes, I am nostalgic.