The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2004, 09:12 AM

Default The Passion

I went to see the film, The Passion of the Christ, last night. It was VERY moving.
I have been a "born again" Christian for over 25 years now and have taught / preached about the passion of Christ and His sufferings many times over the years. However, this film still had a tremendous impact on me.
one can read the graphic accounts in the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, but seeing these horrendous and barbaric acts being performed on a human being is something else. It's like readind about, or being told about combat. You can somewhat imagine the terror of it, but until you actually experience it, you can never truely appreciate its horror.
I arrived just as the theater was going dark to begin showing the various previews and commercials, so the only seats I could find for my wife and I were the center seats, second row. The movie was shown in wide screen and surround sound, so it actually felt like I was in the crowd watching the events unfold. Many times I thought I felt the blood of Christ being splattered on me. It was that real !
I did not leave with any feeling of anti-semetism. What I felt at the end was shame ! The shame of knowing that I was the only one responsible for all the suffering and pain that Jesus went through. This is because I know in my heart that Jesus would have come, suffered and died for me, if I was the only sinner ever born. I know this because God promised it would be so.
Whether or not you are a believer in Jesus Christ as your Savior, you should see this movie. It is the greatest love story I have ever seen. I won't ruin it for you all by going into any details here, but suffice it to say that the movie is extremely accurate to the four gospels in the Bible. The only "artistic license" I saw being taken was the depiction of Satan and Evil personified. I thought Mel Gibson did a marvelous job here as well. It is a little distracting to have to read the subtitles, but I found myself quickly picking up much of the spoken words. I thank my Catholic upbring and schooling for this, as I had to take Latin classes every year for 8 years.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Saw it this afternoon....have to agree with you. Very moving and powerful.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote