Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Texas National Guardsman Shot to Death in Mexico

Texas National Guardsman Shot to Death in Mexico

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, October 21, 2010, 5:20 AM

Jose Gil Hernandez Ramirez was shot to death in Juarez by unidentifIed gunmen. (KTSM)

Hernandez was visiting family in Juarez Wednesday, when he was shot by a group of armed men in the Revolucion Mexicana community.
Chron.com reported, via Free Republic:
Authorities say a 21-year-old Texas National Guard soldier was one of two men killed on a street in the violent border city of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

Spokesman Arturo Sandoval of the Chihuahua state attorney general’s office says family members identified the soldier as 21-year-old Jose Gil Hernandez of El Paso.

The identity of the other man was not available, and details on the incident and the dead were few.

A message left with FBI El Paso spokesman Michael Martinez by The Associated Press on Wednesday night was not immediately returned. However, he told the El Paso Times that Hernandez was shot about 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Colonia Revolucion Mexicana in Ciudad Juarez.

Martinez told the newspaper that the FBI and the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division were trying to verify the details of the shooting. A message left Wednesday night with a spokeswoman at Fort Bliss, near El Paso, was not immediately returned. A terse statement issued by Fort Bliss on Wednesday afternoon said only that its investigators had not confirmed the identity of “the individual involved in the incident in Juarez.”
According to CNN- Juarez is Mexico’s bloodiest city, with more than 2,500 drug-related deaths reported this year. Nationwide, more than 28,000 people have died in drug violence since December 2006, when President Felipe Calderon took office and started his stepped-up campaign against organized crime.

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com...led-in-mexico/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I guess Mexican authorities don't have the balls to declare a temporary state of martial law and a "no prisoners" policy on the ultra-violent drug gangs. Too bad, because they should.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ramirez was repeatedly told by his Guard unit command not go to Juarez, like how many times must one be told before they pay attention. Not being active duty at the time, Ramirez was not obliged to follow the instruction set. It certainly begs the question as to exactly why Ramirez was in Juarez. It wouldn't be uncommon for Hispanics in the El Paso area to have relatives on the Juarez side and travel back and forth on a regular basis, but who knows. In Juarez or any other northern Mexican state young males in a car are at the top of the list to draw fire from one faction or another including the totally corrupt Federal Judiciary police, corrupt local cops, corruption ridden Mexican Army troops, any of them can and have opened fire at just about anybody or anything and for any reason or no reason at all. And most recently, the El Paso municipal building and UT buildings were peppered with auto weapons fire from across the river in Juarez.

Gut feel says thatthe identical twin to the 1910-1920 Mexican civil war is happening, like de ja vu all over again. Change the names and places and the 2010 version is once again about who is in charge of the corruption, who gorges at the corruption table and who does not. From 1920 till recent times the Mexico City politicos were the de facto criminal cartel of the land and made that stick by brute force. Now the "franchise" cartels have given the Mexico City politicos the boot and cut them out of the action. Reads just like a very old script of Mexico that surely goes back further than the 1910-1920 civil war.

In 1836 a wily General by the name of Sam Houston of the then Texas militia waited until the Mexican "General" retied to his tent for some opium and frolicking with a captured Gal. The place was Galveston plane, the "General" was self- proclaimed 'Emperor" of Mexico and self-described as "Napoleon of the West" and is known to history as Antonio Louis Santa Anna. The Gal later became known as the "Yellow Rose of Texas" and subject of the song of the same name, but now lost to history of the Texas Republic. The saga of this Gal is quite fascinating and one of the yet to be formally recognized heroines of the Republic of Texas.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'm not so sure it is a matter of cajonies, but more like who really runs the Mexican border states and it looks like it isn't Mexico City. It appears as if the Mexico City bunch are kind of like window dressing and a once was, but no more, anymore. In the northern Mexican states the day job costumes of badges, judicial robes, uniforms, etc., are the norm, not the exception, and loyalties lie with the lucrative drug and human trafficking routes into the US. Especially the crown jewel to be won in the current civil war and that being the Arizona smuggling routes and the Phoenix extortion, drug distribution and money laundering operations. In terms of a definition of the evolved "Sanctuary City", Phoenix has gone to the polar opposite of the original concept. Now it is very clear as to who has sanctuary and it most certainly isn't the hapless illegal alien that gets caught up in the totally disgusting Arizona illegal alien criminal gauntlet.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Mexican Army has killed or captured a couple of drug lords lately but, given their corruption I suspect it is just the army fighting for a rival drug lord. It enrages me that it is the gluttonous American thirst for drugs that makes it all possible. Those that buy these drugs are sharing in the guilt for this slaughter. Obviously they could care less.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

According to the druggies, stoners, etc. , the current Mexican Civil war is not their problem. They claim that if not for drug prohibition, there would be no war in Mexico, no cartels, no street gangs, none of it. They got it all externalized and the anointed bad guys are everyone else, not themselves, of course not.
But on the other hand, they mess up a dope payment or get in the middle of a turf shoot em' up, then the anointed bad guys have to rescue the supposed good guys from the allegedly faultless guys that are just here to assist the "victims" of drug prohibition and doing jobs Americans won't do whilst awaiting "Comprehensive" forgiveness. The logic of it all boggles the mind.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 AM

Angry To get rid of corruption you have to do house cleaning

These drugs are big money and they can buy any political officer or Mexican Officer to look the other way. This is big business down there - if not world wide. This won't stop until you get the payoffs elminated and to that I say Good Luck.

It's a sickness that weak minded people need to sustain themselves. Other's its a party drug and a mental change of scenary. To the sick its the first time they've had total pain relief. I would guess history would say drugs have been around since man first ate the wrong plant or burned the first bush and got high off the smoke.

I know many on the stuff - why? I've asked they just want an escape from reality. Weak minded - yet dumn enough to pay money for this absence of reality. What a shame.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Of course, from the earliest age of man trade items have always included food staples, weapons, medicinal items and substances that get a buzz going and most likely in that order of priority. Modern post-mortem forensic capabilities give evidence that Egyptian King Tut was a stoner and really liked his coke, big time. Possibly this was for pain relieving purposes as his remains indicate a lot of significant congenital birth defects, a marginally functional immune system and really bad teeth. This finding set off a wave of charlatans claiming trade between trade Egypt and present day south America as in, ah haw, the discovery of the ages. Aarrgg, not to be.
The process for extracting cocaine as we know it wasn't developed till 1851 and chewing the root of an African plant; second cousin to the south American co-co plant, yields the exact same chemical. And no doubt those roots fetched a high barter value along the Nile of long ago.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Egyptian tombs also yielded marijuana, which prescribed by physicians to women to ease menstrual cramps. One of the bags carried by the ancient man found frozen in the Alps also had MJ, as well as many Celtic gravesites in Britain and mainland Europe. Everything old is new again.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Had to be something going on to get the Celtics to strip naked, paint up in blue and go howling down on the Roman legions and I don't suppose it was mother's milk, no sir. And then the Norsk Viking berserkers, oh my, talk about some totally fearsome and fearless sea born fighters, yikes. Makes one wonder what they had stashed away in them long boats besides mead, a few "recreational" lasses and sworn oaths to Oden.
Most likely some variant of hasheesh as that would been a trade item in the Med area of the time or grown locally where the conditions were suitable. And of course hash is a variant of MJ, but separately developed and processed as a buzz trade -use item. Kind of a similar plant, but only the hash female plant has the good stuff.