The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2002, 06:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Coffee is on tonight.... The soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tear. Some good articles read the drifters article about what is a Vietnam Vet and really brought some memories back. Great article! The Vet that died here in my hometown as many do every day being a military town was sad as well. Speaking of real Heroes Colonel Bud Day was in a boating accident here and one of our local vets rescued him and his boat that was on fire. What a great man Colonel George E. Day... a true Patriot ,Medal of Honor recipient, 5 1/2 year POW for sure and I'll challenge anyone on that one. A true champion for Tricare for life and he has fought many battles for VETS. His book Return with Honor is a lesson for us all and one I'm proud to have in my collection dogeared and underlined and tearstained. Anyone priveliged to have been in his company or his beautiful wife's know how special and blessed our country to have had heroes like him to look up to. He is one of mine in more ways than one.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2002, 08:40 PM

Thumbs up Airman saves the 'Day'

Posted in the Eglin Eagle by Airman Sarah Busch was an article about Senior Airman Maxim Weekes diving in Choctawhatchee Bay to save retired Col. George Day when his 25-foot motorboat caught fire. Weekes swam toward Day and Day jumped and swam toward Weekes and Weekes pulled Day out to shore. Day was treated at the scene and came out uninjured. Weekes has been nominated for the Airmans Medal. He graciously said of Day He's the survivor. He's the real survivor. I say they both are!
Old 08-17-2002, 08:46 PM

Coffee's on....We need love's tender lesson taught as only weakness can; God hath His small interpreters, the child must teach the man. John Greenleaf Whittier. Come on in sit a spell and talk about your heros.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl

judy you are right they pesecute you. dead guy "stolen valor" please read my response (on the other thread)
Old 08-18-2002, 08:37 AM

I did sweatheart and I'm glad you had the courage to speak out. Don't stop! Keep telling your guys story and all the pain he has gone through. How he can't stay here in this world because he wasn't welcomed back upon his return. Don't let anyone shut you up.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:06 PM

Its so sad when stronger voices silence those who need to speak their hearts. My Dad always said this was a free country where everyone had a right to their own opinion and he would fight to the death to defend his and his brothers. What happened to that spirit? Now we have mind police telling uswhat to believe and what is right and what we are to think and say and opine. The political right and left and correct. I just care about people speaking their minds and hearts. You don't have to insult or trash another or persecute another to do that. Come on vetgirl and others speak up! I'll listen. Joy is the one who tried to hurt me too but I came back. She's just a woman who thinks we are just girls who "have it made here in America" according to her latest post. Joy you should be more careful who you hurt!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:32 AM

"Just a Colonel's wife" ROLMAO!

My "EX" hated the Army when I was Enlisted, hated it when I was a Company Grade Officer, Hated it when I was a Major but when I made LTC then COL she loved it 'cause she was "Mrs. Colonel". Funny thing though.....when I was a 1/Lt with 3d Group at Ft. Bragg she used to Pi.. and Moan all the time about "Mrs. Colonel Stanley" and what a pain she was demanding all the Jr. Officer wives defer to her at the OWC. For some reason women married to Colonels think that the rank has rubbed off on them. I almost got in trouble when some Colonels Wife saw me with my hands in my pockets in Bad Aibling, Germany one winter. She said "Are your hands cold Soldier?" and I said "Yes Maam" she then said "Wear gloves then" at which point I removed my hands from my pockets to show her that I was WEARING gloves, and commented that I didn't see any "Eagles" on her shoulders. I took off before she registered on my name tag. LOL
Old 08-19-2002, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Joy

would never deliberately set out to hurt anyone she has a strong honest spirit tempered with common sense and thoughtfulness..

It is an honor to have her posting on this site...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-19-2002, 08:11 PM

I really don't follow that closly to know what you guys are talking about. Never married a General. Just a grunt. However what I did elude to was ALL MY GUYS with PTSD, need someone to speak for them. I don't think Generals have that problem. Never ate bugs. Never went hand to hand. Never had to kill, when it went against everything they ever learned. Never had to try to put a baby's arm back on when they knew they threw that granade. Just was saying be very careful... You want guys like mine to take up arms for you now. Don't make them feel ashamed. You asked... they went.

That's all
Old 08-19-2002, 08:19 PM

P.S. I'm probably censored now. " Help me! I don't know what's come over me." Sp4LJ