The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Question Just wondering

Yesterdays count taken by my grandson Ray: American: 243, Foreign: 397. Tails win!!
Almost every day while driving around town I spot rice burners all over the place that just have to have the right of way.
Many of yahl know that I spent over thirty years working for an American auto maker and over those years I had the luxury of going to many other company's that manufactured parts for the Ford Motor Company and employed thousands of American employees.
What kind of car or truck do you have in your driveway? Do the buck$ from the sale of that vehicle stay in America?
Are you looking for a employment or is someone in your family unemployed and getting a state unemployment check, drawing welfare and food stamps while reading the eviction or foreclosure notice in the mail?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 05:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

When the labor unions no longer have a strangle hold on the American auto manufacturing, I'll buy another one. Not until then.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

We're not happy with Chrysler but own a Dodge Ram, Mustang, 65, and a Harley Davidson.

Joy

Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stick,...

Understand fully where you're coming from.
However, and going way-back-when,...was never truly sure what ACTUALLY is Made in USA.

First part replacing (re: Directional Flasher) on my brand-spankin-new 79 Mustang, was made in Mexico. Only that replacement flasher purchased from my buddy Joe at local gas station was made in USA.

A few years later (around early 80s), I was surprised by some TV Reporter that 40% of GM engines were currently being built by Mitsubishi. That was about time when first heard that if WE ALL BOUGHT American,...everything would be just hunky-doory.

I double-checked such by questioning a good buddy of mine whom initially was a Committeeman at Linden GM Plant. He basically caught The Brass Ring & moved to Detroit, where he then became some Big S--t at The UAW.

While chit-chatting with Ed, I asked if it was true that GM got about 40% engines from Mitsubishi? He quickly responded NO. We get about 80% of our engines from The Japs.

So then, Stick or anyone else for that matter,...what do you think the likely percentage of American engines coming from asia in 2010 NOW IS? About 85%???

If oddly or strangely so, you can bet-chur-bippy that other 15% of engines come from Mexico.

Neil

Last edited by reconeil; 11-28-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: correction
Old 11-27-2010, 12:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scout,

Your: "Labor unions having a strangle hold on the American auto manufacturing" doesn't come near explaining how well We Americans are & have been longtime duped by hypocritical: "FAIR TRADERS" (as dictated solely for Americans).

Besides, and given that: "His Barackness" has dictated that me, you & all other $chnook$ INITIALLY give 50 BILLION$ or so to GM & which about 10 BILLION$ was gifted UAW hierarchy & retirees,...why on earth should any of us have to BUY an American Auto anyway?

With that many BILLION$ shelled-out by US already for bailing-out: "Fat Cats" & guaranteeing absurdly high pensions like few others have (mostly Ruling Elite),...why not just give Americans needing one an American car? What could be more fair? We've already paid for one.

Sure,...not everyone should get reimbursed with A Caddy. But,...most of: "We The (Schnook$)" and/or U.S.Taxpayers must have had enough dictatorially ripped-off for at least A Chevy? Don't you think?

Neil
Old 11-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

stick your right I buy american and I'm very proud of that. my son is looking at new ford trucks can you help him like you did for me?
Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default sn-e3,

Will help with The Truth anyway I can.

Neil
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My observations are that most people want to do a good job, be recognized for that good job and be compensated accordingly. A lot of CBUs abide by these principals in word and deed, some do not. The UAW is a leader in "do not abide by" and go in the opposite direction of suppressing worker versatility and creating; with a capital "C'', adversarial relationships with the end users and customers and do so on purpose and for the purposes of extortion and leverage. That said, some UAW locals and/ or individuals end- run the UAW shop floor goons, retain customer identification and do their best to turn out a safe and quality product; not at all UAW priorities, yikes.
Apparently, the Jeep Division of Chrysler has an abundance of such people and for the second time now, I'm back, and after putting my 2011 Jeep Liberty up on the rack and going over it in fine detail, I'm satisfied that good things happen despite the UAW shop floor goons and their totally repressive and grossly obsolete "work rules book". Alas, crappy, usurious, greedy UAW management does not necessarily equal mindless barn yard chickens that just do as the UAW shop goons tell them to do, nope . My leap of faith is to see the workers and have some empathy for what they have to endure and yet do a credible and caring job. Might add that I'm no rookie at working with Unions of many lands, many. Some ring like a brass bell, others just go thud as in striking a lump of lead. The UAW has institutionalized that lump of lead and more the pity for the human spirit and their membership that really care.
Additionally, one of my first engineering projects; 1979, was a chemical fertilizer plant near present day Volgograd; then Stalingrad, and that was my initiation or gauntlet yet to be run. Same-same shop floor goons, same human spirit that end- runs the goons, but at greater personal peril is all, I mean really bad stuff like being beaten to a bloody pulp. And for what? Just being human?