The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Police/Fire/EMS

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2003, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Project Blue light...

...I received a card from my friend's parents a few weeks ago as I had mailed them a picture of Mark prior...

...Mark was my 2nd baseman for almost 7 years while playing for the softball team, He was killed in the line of duty while riding home one night about three years ago...

...In return with a note of gratatude, they send me a small decal outling "Project Blue light",...

...In 2001 the number of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty will total more then 200, therefore, Concerns for Police Survivors Inc. is asking you to help promote "PBL" during the holiday season. Placing this decal on your window is a show of support for law enforcement officers who have given the supreme sacrifice and the officers still working America's dangerous streets.

Your family may want to take "Project Blue Light" one step further. Fell free to decorate your home in blue lights this holiday season. Call your law enforcement agency and encourage them to decorate their buildings in blue lights.

The color blue is also symbolic of "peace". By displaying your blue lights, you will be sending a dual message---that you support America's peacekeepers and that you hope....the new year will be a year of peace.

...Part #2...

...Sid, your the lighting designer, how about setting up "campain ribbons" for you "Vietnam" guys, and gals, and make them out of minature green, yellow, and red lights, or blue, and white for Korea, etc...
...they could be "authentic in duplication" by enlarged size, ??? how big is a "ribbon", 5/16 X 1 1/4"...enlarge by 100, 200, 300 times to say 6" X 19", or what ever works out by the math to make them "correct", and bada bing, their in your front window by the holidays,...

... you could do Awards such as the "Purple Heart", Bronze Star, in lights etc...

...#3... "PSYCOVETS" logo with a blinking red bullet hole ..., bright yellow be the first in your neighborhood to have a 3" blinking smily face in yer winder..........

....lights make the night..........................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links