The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > International > United Nations

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2022, 04:24 PM

Arrow Secretary-General, Deeply Worried by Potential for Military Conflict in Europe

Secretary-General, Deeply Worried by Potential for Military Conflict in Europe, Speaks with Russian Federation, Ukraine, Urging Intense Diplomacy
By: UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ Org. - 02-14-22
Re: https://www.un.org/press/en/2022/sgsm21142.doc.htm

Statements by UN Secretary-General António Guterres’ remarks on Uraine at the press stakeout, today:

I am deeply worried by the heightened tensions and increased speculation about a potential military conflict in Europe. The price in human suffering, destruction and damage to European and global security is too high to contemplate.

We simply cannot accept even the possibility of such a disastrous confrontation. I will remain fully engaged in the hours and days to come. I just spoke this morning with the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and of Ukraine.

My message is clear: There is no alternative to diplomacy. All issues — including the most intractable — can and must be addressed and resolved through diplomatic frameworks. It is my firm belief that this principle will prevail. The United Nations country team remains fully operational in Ukraine.

As United Nations Secretary-General, it is my duty to appeal for the full respect of the United Nations Charter, a fundamental pillar of international law.

The Charter clearly says, and I quote: “All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered.”

“All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.”

The time is now to defuse tensions and de-escalate actions on the ground. There is no place for incendiary rhetoric. Public statements should aim to reduce tensions, not inflame them. I welcome the recent flurry of diplomatic contacts and engagements, including between Heads of State.

But, more needs to be done, and I expect all to intensify their efforts. I have made my good offices available and we will leave no stone unturned in the search for a peaceful solution. Abandoning diplomacy for confrontation is not a step over a line, it is a dive over a cliff.

In short, my appeal is this: Do not fail the cause of peace. Thank you

Tags: Europe - Russian Federation - Ukraine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: I suspect little change coming from Putin in Russia.
Putin does not want any US or the UN working within his border Countries at all!
Nor does he want to loose the collar countries - so as to use them as buffer zones
- from afar - and without the US or NATO operations within those collar borders.
Both Ukraine & Russia each have relatives working and living within those close
border zones - and often travel back and forth - both for trade - and to meet
family and friends - within those border Counties.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2022, 04:34 PM

Arrow Russian Mercenaries Infiltrate Ukraine

Russian Mercenaries Infiltrate Ukraine
By: Taegan Goddard - Political Wire News - 02-14-22
Re: https://politicalwire.com/2022/02/14...trate-ukraine/

“Russian mercenaries with ties to Moscow’s spies have increased their presence in Ukraine in recent weeks, stoking fears among some NATO members that Russia could try to engineer a pretext for an invasion,” Reuters reports.

“Russia could also use the mercenaries to sow discord and paralyse Ukraine through targeted assassinations and the use of specialized weaponry.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: Are we surprised - I don't think so - it may be that
Ukraine also has their own spies doing the same thing. If not they
should consider this as a potential - but extremly dangerous - if caught!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote