The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Unemployment bennies

The Govt says now that the amount of persons filing for unemployment is decling at a rapid rapid rate.

THATS CAUSE THE 26/52 WEEKS THEY ARE ALLOWED IS OVER AND GONE.

The ones with the solid jobs, ( college kids,) aint got no worry for a while, but what about the old timers who worked their whole life just in order for their kid to go through college and the kid puts the parent out of of work cause of computors, or ( in reality ) the times has changed.

You know something. You can only get so old in this world. And us "baby Boomers" or older are getting sick and tired of it.

If I was to hit the Lotto Sat night for 8 mil, the govt would take over 1/3 of it and spend it on their own personnel homes or cars vice the schools, roads as supposedly to be.

On the other hand, ifn I would hit, I would buy a motor coach and be on the road each and every week to the NASCAR races and take the rest for 2 and one half months at a park.

Man I am going off track.....

I have to go to the Doc tomorrow for a test, and believe me, it has me scared.

To many chest pains ( smoking ), and leg loss feeling, losing thought constantly of what I am supose to be doing. Happens about once an hour.

I am not afraid of dying, but to me, What would happen to my Barflies?????

enough......
Old 11-21-2003, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Lucky for me the next job just came through when the unemployment ran out.

I guess that's really lucky since that is the way it has been the last 3 times I've been unemployed :re:

Hoping for the best on your test. Maybe they can find the problem and offer help.

Remember, the only cure for old age is to die young and we chose not to do that (or just got lucky).

Since I know that you won't miss my birthday, be nice. I know that I'm not 22 anymore either.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb...

Maybe when the new Free Trade agreement, hyped as the greatest agrreement to come down the pike for The Western Hemisphere, and what they were rioting about recently in Florida gets working,...there will be more new jobs in America than we can handle? Just jokin Reeb.

Regardless, scrub that unemployment: "Bennie" bit. ANYTHING like Social Security, which gets paid-into 1/2 by the employee and 1/2 by the employer on a weekly basis, most certainly is NO "BENNIE". Both Unemployment and Social Security are more so paid-up insurance policies,...than anything else. It doesn't matter that politicos act as if both are gifts from them to us.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:23 PM

Ya know,

I think I posted this awhile back, and maybe be the wrong place to post this,

But , I WAS pretty well off, had my retirement IRA all set and had property, and sold that for my retirement:

BUT:

Family comes first:

My youngest son get hiself into trouoble with the law in Ohio and he called me, and I had to ( or wanted to ) bailed his ass out.

I believe in my two sons, and they tell me something that happens, I do believe them, vice the HAVE to believe them.

Anyhow, he comes up for trial in Jan, and then (maybe) I will get my money back.

It was just for Domestic Disturbance , 2nd account and could land him in Jail for awhile, and I dont want that.

Meanwhile, I am gonna go eat my peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. Not that bad, but it does sound good.

enough......
Old 11-22-2003, 05:17 AM

Joy,

I wont tell anyone about your Birthday 12/3 until that day comes.

OOPS!!!!!!!!!!

enough..........