The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2004, 12:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

There are rude people in NY BUT...........let me say there I know more than my fair share of rude southerners. Rude people are not limited to any which area.

For alot of young people...esp my age.....we don't vote because alot of us don't see the point. We are very jaded about the whole thing. I think alot of things could and should change but the voting age? It really is absurd. It'd be more like american idol.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2004, 05:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

And reeb, perhaps you might agree... how 'bout "Lord of the Flies", eh?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:35 PM

Hoyin,
Your right. Sorry. Another one of those bad days, first mistake today.
I guess when the majority of people you deal with from a state are total jerks you just assume (not good to do either) they all have craniumuranusitus! California was good to me when I was in the Valley for about 5 years and then again in the Oakland area. I guess I have been away just too long and I watch too much TV and see all the terrific things happening in California. Like kids should vote. Absurd. I have a belief, "You can tell a kid but, you can't tell them much". I have a son that just completed AIT in FT Bliss, we were at Burger King and a young fella walked in with a pair of those self expression pants on, you know, the pants that a feller could steal an ice box with and no one would know he had it. My son says, I can't beleive I used to wear that crap and think it was cool. Made me feel like he was the smartest kid in the Army and the world. But you know what it was, MATURITY! The one thing 14 and 16 year olds don't get till they are older and wiser and educated.
Just my opinion, could be wrong again today, but my opinion.
By the way I liked California when I was there, I saw the firsts that originated there in my time. I don't think everyone smokes pot or is a bum. I just have opinions of absud things happening that could effect my world in another state. Now if California wants to let children elect state and local officials, I am all for it. But national level elections are out of the question.
Sorry, If I offended anyone, not my intention.
theemperor
Old 03-12-2004, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In terms of my particular profession and industry sector, power generation and petro chem. processing, I?d say that the attitudes and disposition in California run to the wildest of extremes. As a general rule, the further west one goes in northern Cal, the more one finds exceptionally hostile and counter productive altitudes towards any and all energy production efforts. At the same time some of the most advanced power generation engineering in the world is found in the San Joaquin Valley and Southern Cal.

Then again at the same time the most backwards, inefficient and non-progressive facilities are in northwest Cal. I don?t like doing business/projects there because the bummer attitude is infectious and I could just as easily spend my time with energetic and optimistic organizations that are looking ahead. Then again on the other hand, I really like to visit northwest Cal for short vacations and love the coast and the people are nice enough, but somewhat independent and zany at times, but no big deal.

Scamp
Old 03-12-2004, 03:30 PM

I watched a show on The Learning Channel not long ago about the thinking processes of the human brain. They were able to show through CAT scan and other high tech scanning devices, that the average teenager uses an older part of the brain, the cerebelum. This area is dominates our EMOTIONS. As we near our early 20s there is a strong shift toward the front cortex. This region is considered the more analytical region of the brain. Higher thought process occurr in this region. Therefore on average we become more logical as we age.
Given this scientific study, I find it irresposible to allow children with still newly developing brains to make such serious decisions as who will run the government and our military.

Just a ... thought.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan