The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Thanks Dr. Fred !

Fred , Sid just called from the VA Hospital where he is getting some tests done. Talking to a guy sitting next to him and it turns out you saved his life in RVN to. Sid is stunned and asked me to post this. Small world. Said he would add more detail later. Thank you
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2006, 06:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John,

Small world indeed. As most of you know Dr took care of Sid and all our casualties from LZ Carolyn when I was there. Where would we all be without men like him.

Thanks Doc Fred and all the Doc's out there!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Quan Loi October 1968

Was talking to a gentleman at the VA this morning and he was with C2-7 at Quan Loi. Had been there about a week and was hit by mortars. opened up his right side and head lost sight in right eye. I told him I probably knew the medic that treated him and told him the story of me and Doc Fred. He was a Sgt E5 last name Thomas. The only thing he remembers is a medic stroking his arm and telling him they were going to fix him good as new. He told me to tell you God Bless You Doc. Damn Sandstorms.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The airmobility of the 1st Cavalry Division was in demand. To counter the increasing enemy threat to Saigon coming from the Cambodian border, the entire 1st Cavalry Division moved from operations in the north to the III Corps Tactical Zone northwest of Saigon.

Comanche began the month in Quang Tri Province, the northernmost in the Republic of Vietnam, participating in Operation Comanche Falls III. Battalion headquarters was on LZ Nancy. After the move south on November 9 -12, operations began in the Quan Loi area - the rubber plantation area famous for red dirt.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks to all the Doc Freds of this and other worlds. We would not be here without them.

Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-01-2006, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Man oh man! My hair stood on end. C Co 2/7 was our second best customer of the whole brigade, only surpassed by D Co. I would bet he got hurt in Dec of 68. Sid if you see him again, tell him God bless him.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was with a lot of good guys in Charlie Med. I found another buddy a couple of weeks ago, Bobby Cannon. He said he looked up to us older guys and was grateful for our keeping them safe. I remember him as a kid I looked out for. He was 19 and I was 22.