Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2020, 10:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Confusion.......

11-23-2020

(opinions)

Confusion seems to be the order of the day as concerns the political side shows that has been foisted upon “The American Public!” What’s more, this attack of confusion seems to be aimed directly at our power to reason and to logically disseminate the facts about what is really taking place right under our very noses?

“Come on people – open up your eyes and your brains!” It should be more than obvious to you by now that some of us (foreign nations as well), have figured out a cleaver and relatively safe new way of causing mass confusion and hysteria in our midst! And for the record and in my personal opinion again, what safer way of accomplishing this is there than utilizing the one thing that most people cannot seem to live without these days – “The Good Old Television Set?”

As a matter of fact, ever since those years that directly followed “World War II”, We the People have been held captive by “The Old Idiot Box!” It tells us what to think, how to behave, what to buy, and even what political views are acceptable and what will be tolerated?

“The Point Here Is This” - even if we will not admit to it: the first thing that many of us do in the morning is to flip on the old television set and the last thing that we accomplish at night is to tune-out! In short, our lives are literally controlled and guided by what we see on the tube! And call it a stupor or even a spell if you wish, but the fact remains that we are virtually under the complete and absolute control of the media!

“Now doesn’t this make you think, even for a brief moment, about what in The Hell people did to occupy their spare time before the advent of The Television Era?”

Hardcore
Old 11-23-2020, 11:01 AM

In the 40's & 50's - We had an old Black & White TV
-
We would watch the Farm Report in the morning.
-
Saturday we'd watch SHOCK-THEATER with Marvin and the Dead Beat's.
-
Why did they stop playing the National Anthem in the Morning and at Mid-night.
-
Our phone were heavy and had no dials - we had three digit Party Line's remember those?
-
My neighbor taught me how to make wooden rabbit traps. We'd go bowling or to park and play football or baseball - in the winter we'd ice skate. Or go sledding. The park on the weekend would live bands and dancing in the tennis courts area.
-
Grand-Parents watch One Life To Live (never missed a day)
-
Other than that we were outside on the porch or in the corn field making corn forts.
-
We had no air conditioning and the porch is where everyone would sit in the shade.
-
We had an outdoor theater three blocks away where we could get in thru the back and sit in the grass and watch the movies.
-
Show's in town were 25 cents and you could stay there all day if you wanted.
-
Newspaper's were all over the place. (Many went out of business always wondered why it must have been because of TV news.
-
My wife doesn't watch the news only the weather reports & now she watches the soap box crap on TV.
-
I do a lot of reading of late. Research items of interest and whats happening in space.
I'm a science fiction nut
-
I go to the VFW once or twice a month - but that's getting old as well - and so are we.
-
Watch the weather when its on - we still get a paper - but no one really reads it.
-
In the service we didn't read anything other than the schedules for the day.
-
But HC is right most of the news is crap and captions of things they think is interesting to the public - sports and local news - if their watching.
-
We all wait for the weather and look for a movie to watch that we've seen 20 or more times.
-
Each station has their own interpretation of what's happening. You can't believe everything you hear - and it's mostly politics - of which people lie and extrapolate the discussions being made.
-
Like HC said - many believe everything they hear - why I don't know - or they totally misinterpret what they just heard. Pro's & Con's are everyday.
-
Spare time - I've got more that than I know what do with it! We don't travel or take rides other than to the store or the doctor's office. Haven't seen the Grand-Kids in months the virus.
-
The world today is much different than was in late 50's. Then the Cuban crisis - Viet Nam - the killing of Kennedy, Bombings and New York Trade Tower's - and many more conflicts over and over. We've had a lot going on for quite some time. The news and pictures are daily and there's very little good news and then again its politics taking center stage now.
-
Watching the so called elections and all the media coverage has gotten just plain boring and repetitive. Mud slinging and corruption has gone ballistic. It's like living on another world.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote