The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2004, 10:38 AM

Post Local soldier promoted

Local soldier promoted
7/12/2004 9:12 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

It was a special day for one local soldier.
Colonel Michael Swezey of the 53rd Army National Guard troop from Cohoes was promoted to the rank of Brigadier General.
Swezey served six years on active duty and has since served in both the Army Reserve and the Army National Guard. Swezey said he is honored but said he couldn't have done it alone.
He said, "It is a tremendous achievement, but I tell you, it was not without the help of hundreds of people throughout the last 28 years of my career -- from teachers in school, but most importantly to the soldiers we have in this state. They're the greatest soldiers in the world."
Swezey was assigned as commander to the 53rd troop command in Westchester County last February. It includes one third of the units and personnel of the New York Army National Guard across the state.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links