The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2006, 07:35 PM

I have lots more coming, but my photos from Quang Ngai are up at:

http://lucy421.smugmug.com/gallery/1546957

Phu Quoc was very nice but got a boring after a couple of days since there's not much to do there, though we did rent a motorbike one day and drove around. I think for someone getting away from the pressures of work it would be more fun, or if you're there with other people. We got tired of the same restaurant (Saigon Resort), though it was very good, especially the calamari (squid, cuttlefish). I'd spend more time next time in Da Lat. More later.

Bill: Think more about going back. You wouldn't regret it, believe me.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by SL Bronco Bill: Think more about going back. You wouldn't regret it, believe me.
No. You or anyone else who has gone or wants to go back, go right ahead. I have no desire to vacation in Vietnam.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:43 PM

Nice photos SL. Did you get further north, by any chance?
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry I Could NEVER Go Back Either:

I could never go back to Vietnam either. The HURT and HATRED are still too real and deep. Even after Thirty-eight years.

I still hold the South Vietnamese people responsible for not doing more to defend and protect their own country. They just let us Americans FIGHT and DIE in a futile attempt to defend them. When the United States finally pulled out of South Vietnam, the country then quickly fell into Communist control.

As for the North Vietnamese, I hold them responsible for the death of my Best Buddy, HM3 Alan R. Gerrish. If they had not invaded South Vietnam in the first place, the war would never have taken place and 58,000+ American Military Personnel, INCLUDING MY BUDDY ALAN, would still be alive today.

The Viet Cong had ceased to be an issue in the struggle for control of South Vietnam as the Viet Cong had all but been wiped out after the Tet Offensive of 1968. After that time it was mostly a war between North and South Vietnam instead of a Civil War between factions of South Vietnamese people. The North Vietnamese only came into the war after it was realized that the Viet Cong were no longer capable of defeating both the South Vietnamese Government and American military might at the same time.

No I could never go back to Vietnam as I would certainly end up in one of their jails for acting on my feelings.

To all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again state:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
Old 06-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I think the three tours I did in Nam is enough, I don't need to go back. The only thing I lost in Nam other then buddies and my innocense was my identity which throug soberity and PTSD Groups I am finding again.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).