The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2004, 09:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Close Your Eyes To VA Decay!

A piece recently appeared on ABC that brought to mind visions of Mary Shelly (Frankenstein) and Bram Stoker (Dracula).

Was it set in Transylvania or even at the Munsters or Adams' Family Home - HELL NO! It took place at, what should have been, a bastion of safety, healing and cleanliness, the Nation?s Veterans Administrations Medical Facilities!

Also scheduled to appear on this program to field questions was Anthony Principi, Bush?s head of the VA! Well, Tony opted not to make it (sick they said), and in his place, someone far down the chain of command put in a hesitant appearance! "Gee, I wonder if Tony was hospitalized in that same maggotized VA facility I mentioned at the beginning of this piece?"

In my opinion, it would take volumes to report upon the affluent ills of the VA and those who pull the strings, right up to the top, but there was at least one segment of this show that had me wanting to toss my cookies! It seems that in at least one VA, the walls were infested with maggots, and these (in turn) quickly matured into an army of mobile filth (the maggot fly)!

Well, to make a long story short, these buzzing germ machines, after the lights went out, swooped down (especially upon comatose veterans) and set up shop in their noses, their ears, mouths and open sores, doing their putrid thing!

I think that what gets me the worse, however, is forever hearing the "VA Powers That Be", justifiably crying the blues over under funding, while our rich bureaucrats continue to suffer on, ingesting naught but caviar, truffles, and bubbly from the back seats of their stretched limos, reading the stock pages and the war news out of Iraq no doubt! And this, while our nation?s veterans barely make ends meet and are imprisoned in Twenty-first century Black Holes of Calcutta when deathly ill, and then, only if they are lucky to even gain admittance! "After all, one can do only so much on a $35 to $60 Billion measly bucks a year, depending upon who you believe!?"

Finally, and this bakes my bacon, even though most of you claim to care and are fully aware of this miserable crime against America?s Finest (her veterans), you do less than nothing! Oh, some bitch up a storm right enough, but when it comes to busting out of the closets of silence, you chose blind acceptance in stead!

Is it fear, the threats of some VA bonvivants, apathy, or even brain washing that has you oblivious to this national tragedy? Or could it be that, like most, you just refuse to believe what you are seeing!

I again beg you, if you know of anyone here in San Diego County, or anywhere else in our nation, who has experienced unacceptable treatment at a VAMC, spit out now and take that first step toward demanding change and accountability at the Veterans Administration!! "Either that, or silently become a nation of Les Miserables!"

Don?t wait until it is far too late for you and yours, as was shown on ABC, Thursday Night Last (Primetime Thursday- Fighting For Care, Assessing The VA Hospitals) , for this beast just may devour you and yours! Or could it be that you require personal proof from a movie like Article 99, which may indeed, have at least some basis in fact!

This is your life, the only one that you will ever get - the life that many of you put on the line for our beloved nation. You deserve quality care and not excuses at the Veterans Administration Hospitals that you built with your blood, sweat and tears!

Come forward while you can, and take a stand for your brothers and sisters! Either that or go back to sleep while your life and health are willfully eroded away! ?It?s Your Choice, and these are but my opinions after all!?

DEMAND THE BEST - YOU GAVE YOUR BEST!

VERITAS
Old 04-10-2004, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Good piece with good points made,...plus truly liked your ending and the best point made.

Still my Friend,...just where-the-hell does a Disable American Honorable Veteran go to: "DEMAND" anything, much less; "THE BEST", even though PAID FOR IN FULL by the blood, sweat and tears of millions over the years?

From all the horror stories I've heard over the years (and yours is-a-beaut), the only people I've heard of making DEMANDS at The VA are its multitude of lawyers and beaurocrats, whom unfortunately place such ridiculous DEMANDS on some sick Veterans unlike no other Medical Care Giver in America would ever dare to do,...even for patients on Welfare with exotic illnesses, which is certainly understandable.

After all, no American Officials would dare permit experiments on any Welfare individuals in the first place, and most certainly wouldn't refuse such receiving necessary medical care. Normally such merciless and heartless type beaurocrats would loose their jobs and/or what paid to do by The American People,...in a minute.

Guess VA Officials or legalistic ABOVE ALL ELSE beaurocrats are above it all, and find anything not fitting the normal mold just an annoyance to be waltzed-around into infinity? Hey,...if it doesn't have to do with The Budget or getting friends jobs,...it's really not that important anyway.

Regardless Rick,...wish you and all other Veterans out there being put through hell by such; "Above it all" beaurocrats, Good Luck. You'll need it.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 01:53 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks Recon!! Lets hope that more of our bros and sisters pick up on the urgency of this thing.

VERITAS
Old 04-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Thanks for The Thanks. Still, and better than your: "Let's hope",...let's hope that all appointed authoritarians come down from their VA beaurocratic and VA worker Mt. Olympus, and start differently doing what The American Taxpayer (You, Me and all Honorable Veterans inclusive) pay our taxes for,...given: "The urgency of this thing".

Granted, not all VA beaurocrats, lawyers, doctors, nurses, workers, representatives or whatever have omnipotently godly or lordly complexes, which daily need fulfilling and reassuring by perpetually flaunting their authority over the sick and disabled. But, and as the saying goes, it only: "Takes a few bad apples (naturally in key administrative and medical positions)" to spoil whole-damn-barrel and/or The VA.

Besides, wasn't The VA initially set-up to care Veterans in need, instead what seems to have evolved into training school for career beaurocrats, politicos, and even where wannabe politicos get a step up on the ladder, plus where nurses can REALLY have power over patients? So then, why all the nonsense that even a Welfare Patient wouldn't have to contend with,...and rightfully so.

After all, shouldn't Honorable Veterans be at least accorded the very same respect that any Welfare Patient automatically DEMANDS and AUTOMATICALLY GETS,...or there will be hell to pay?
In The Real World and/or down from Mt.Olympus,...one would think so.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote