The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Help wanted

Number 5, Mandie, isn't my biological daughter but is very special to me. Her father is also a VN Vet but he was up in the hills around DaNang driving trucks with 55 gallon drums in the back with orange stripes aroound the tops of the drums.
A few years ago we were told that Mandie would probably need a heart/lung transplant but she couldn't get on the list without going either to Alabama or Cleveland and she didn't want to leave her baby son Mathiew with anybody and she was feeling pretty good anyway. Besides the list was almost 5 years long and there's only a 50/50 chance for survival after the surgery.
About 18 months ago Mandie went on oxygen 24/7 but still couldn't get any medical coverage to get her to Alabama or Ohio and she applied for Medicare coverage which was just approved a couple of months ago. Mandie set up the earliest appointment that she could get in Alabama which was for this morning and my oldest daughter, Terri just called from Alabama. I'll not be on here for a while and I'ld appreciate it if when you talk with Him you mention Mandie. Mandie was immediately addmitted to the University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital for heart surgery. Terri was told by the doctors that Mandie would have died within three days if she didn't have the surgery to remove the liquids from around her heart that had caused previous cardiac arrest but was now to the point that it would just shut down the heart completely.
I know He has a plan. He got Mandie to the hospital today.
Sponsored Links