The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2006, 08:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rosie is extemporaneous, quick and probably has a worthy thought from-time-to time, maybe. But her off-scrip adlibbing makes her a seagull and not on the team or any team but her own. Her gimmick mock masturbating of a phallus during the playing of the National Anthem self-defined her as a seagull and that?s as good as that gets. Seagulls dive bomb and crap on the turret tops n? deck mounts, add nothing and do nothing but make a mess to clean up. Good money to be made being a seagull, many are called but few are chosen.
In the instance of Iraq, Rosie lacks context, almost a millennium and a half worth.

Iraq is a freaking buzz saw and ground zero for the perpetual warring between Islamic ideologies. The window of opportunity for Iraq to pursue a national identity and representative government has been slammed shut by a combination of internal and external forces, and the fratricidal bloodletting will go on and on and on as far as the eye can see.
I can only presume that Rosie finds the prospect of Iraq becoming an intense and waring Totalitarian dictatorship-Islamic theocracy; i.e., like the Taliban, highly acceptable, but she is hardly alone among the Hollywood ?elite? in this cause du jour.

Point in fact is that Americans have been killed by or as a result of Iraq for a couple of decades or more, this will continue plus escalate and Rosie?s blow-holeing about that changing or anyone winning in Iraq would be silly if it were not for the perpetual human slaughter and carnage that has gone on for 1400 years.
War as a business and for the sake of war is the way of things and life in that region and the very prospect of ?peace making? is sufficient cause for increased warring. But I wouldn?t expect Rosie to expose herself to such realties and risk her status as a maxed out -premo seagull.
But seagulls play it fast and loose with historical fact and current fact so long as it stuffs their mattress but reality always remains the same, regardless, and reality always becomes due and payable.

Scamp
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Steel on Target Scamp, thank you. Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I'm just glad elections are over for now. Couldn't watch TV without hearing how evil one or the other person was.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I second that Mel and like Doc. Fred mused; all too often it?s a choice of picking one of two pennies in the same spittoon.

Nice pic and thought, but details, details. The USN hasn?t had right arm rates for over sixty years and just like other US Services, put the US deco stack on the left side and foreign decos go on the right side. Looks like someone flipped the neg, but still a great pic and thought.

Scamp
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp

Nice pic and thought, but details, details. The USN hasn?t had right arm rates for over sixty years and just like other US Services, put the US deco stack on the left side and foreign decos go on the right side. Looks like someone flipped the neg, but still a great pic and thought.

Scamp

Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Happy Days Are here again !!!

C'MON EVERYBODY--ALL TOGETHER IN BIPARTISAN UNITY!!

Haaaaaapppppyyy Days are Heeeeere again
The skies above are clearv again
Let us sing a song of cheer again
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!

What America is finally going to get is oversight, a duty the Republican Congress has abdicated completely these last 6 years. Now youre going to see a different world where Congress plays an actual part. There's been no accounting at all of the over $400 billion spent in Iraq alone these last 3+ years, nor for any of the Republioccan record deficits, totalling more than all other deficits combined. Government spending has soared these last 6 years, growing the government over 50%. Want to know where all that money went? Youre going to find out now. All about how well those no-bid contracts served the American people. All about how the contractors got the no bid contracts. Was the money spent wisely or stolen? Its going to be interesting to find out.
Now that we know that the information that led us into this war was all wrong, we want to find out how it became policy leading to this war.
There's lots of other things we want to look at, too. Consider this a time of enlightenment coming out of the Dark Ages.
The two main drivers in this election seem to have been the Republican failures in Iraq and the Republican culture of corruption. America needs to spend some time figuring out what has actually happened these last 6 years of no oversight at all and thats, unfortunately, going to be very unpleasant for the previous people in charge of the Congress. (giggles)
America finally sees that there was nothing in it for us at all in this war for Iraq. The fantasies of Iraq becoming a loyal useful ally are disintegrated. America's finally waking up to the fact that we were better off with Saddam there than not. The containment that George HW Bush set up was working just fine.
Now that everybody is waking up to what a mistake this war is, and who got us into it, the question is going to wind up being--"Who wants to be the last man (or woman) to die for this horrendous Republican mistake?"

Stay good, all
God Bless America
James
Old 11-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

The Legislative Branch, now Democratic, of our government has been elected to introduce and debate legislation and then write up that legislation into an Act of Congress and send it to the Executive Branch, now Republican, for signature into law.
The Executive Branch (R) has the ability to propose legislation to Congress (D) and it's a Congressional obligation to accept and debate those proposals and enact them into Acts of Congress and then submit those acts to the Executive Branch (R) for signature into law or ignore what the Executive Branch (R) has sent to the Congress (D). The President (R) does not have the ability to write "Law."
In a, for the most part, a two political party system that America has the President (R), being of one party of political persuasion might suggest to Congress (D) something that his or her political party favors and if the Legislative Branch's (D) majority party is of the other party there is a better than even chance that what one party suggest, the other party will ignore or modify to the liking of that majority parties persuasion.
President Bush, Republican.
The Congress of the United States, Democrat
Don't be the least bit surprised if for the remainder of the term of President Bush, Congress sits with their thumbs up their a... ... doing nothing that the other party suggest, AKA President Bush, or Bush vetoes what the opposition party, AKA the American Congress, sends to him.
Nothing accomplished for the remainder of his term makes President Bush a "LAME DUCK." The people have spoken and the majority will speak to their Congressional caucus BUT that does not mean that the opposition party will be heard and favorably reacted to.
America is once again in for a period of time when its government will accomplish nothing accept spending tax dollars for that nothing.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Brice,

The war in Iraq isn't going well because western culture doesn't understand Arab Muslim culture. It never will because we just don't think like they think. I believed and still think that we should have attacked Iraq badly crippled Iraq and got out. That would have slowed down the situation and stablized the middle east without the tremendous expenditures and loss of life we are now incurring. We are unsuccessful in Iraq because we don't understand the culture.

James,
Both parties are full of corruption, give someone a little political power and they run with it. Republican or Democrat, Independent or Green Peace, or whatever power will corrupt. Plus the fact that we love our sociopaths (those charming, lying, smiling folks that want to run for office). Science tell us that sociopaths are about 1% of the population, my guess among politicians is that it is closer to 10% because that is a "power job" which is attractive to sociopaths. Now having been in public office I have noticed one thing and that goes for both the liberal , moderate and conservative. Most politicians are good honest people trying to do what's right. Most want peace and prosperity for all, they just have a different world view of how to obtain it. I do believe that most folks with a more liberal bent have a very little idea that the world wide danger that "radical muslims" are capable of doing. We must be very careful and watch those folks very close because they have worldwide domination on their mind. The democrats and liberals won't take care of the terrorism threats in the world because they refuse to acknowledge them.

I wish I had a party that would meet my criteria for a good party. The Republicans often fall short in the domestic issues and concersns with the lower middle class and poor. The democrats are on the wrong side of the moral issues. The democrats usually have a hard time balancing budgets, the republicans don't do much better but don't seem too interested in helping the less fortunate. I usually go with the moral issues when I vote because I feel I'm pushed into that corner. Plus I think the conservatives understand the terrorist problem better that the more liberal group.

Keith
Old 11-11-2006, 12:37 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
Now that everybody is waking up to what a mistake this war is, and who got us into it, the question is going to wind up being--"Who wants to be the last man (or woman) to die for this horrendous Republican mistake?"

James,for cryin' out loud, that statementsounds like somethingissued by that wacko Fred Phelps out of Kansas.

I recently heard a young troop quote a Vietnam Veteran that told him "we fought for each other".He went on to say he wasglad to be home but anxious to go backbecause he was worried about those he left behind in Iraq.If he's the last man to die in Iraqhisbrothers, his sisters, and allright thinking Americans will honor and remember him as man that layed his life down for his friends.

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-11-2006, 04:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have decided what I am politically. I am neither Republican nor Democrat, Conservative nor Liberal. I am what the Founding Fathers really intended. I am an employer and if they screw up, out they go. Rumsfeld didn't listen to his Generals and fired anyone who disagreed with him, didn't know the enemy and ran the war on the business model. I've heard that before.

Now the Democrats think we like them and their wacko politics. I think they can really screw their chance if they remain idealogues instead of doing what works, no matter where it sits on the Left vs Right one dimensional line. They seem to be suffering from the effects of too much LSD earlier in their lives. If they would look beyond who got elected to what initiatives were passed they would realize we the middle class aren't them.

Meanwhile the Republicans are smug self righteous hypocrites who did sell us out over and over to special interests when they thought we liked them.