The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2003, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I am sorry to hear about Frank. Please let us know where to send flowers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frank.jpg (143.1 KB, 88 views)
Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Back on line

Getting caught up with news, and this was the first I read back on this site. While I mourn with the rest of my borthers and sisters here, I also rejoice in the knowledge of X's triumphant entry through the Pearly Gates of Paradise, proudly serving as our point man. He truly has been Welcomed Home!!

Scouts Out!!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

I must have missed this as well. I am so sorry to hear. I'll miss him.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:53 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Unhappy Xgrunt

You beat me across the River Styx. Why the hell did you do that? Now who am I going to talk about Dr. Hunter Thompson? Remember Thompson said, ?I can?t recommend it for everyone but I?ve make it though life on sex, violence drugs and insanity?? Well, I guess it?s not how long you live but how you live. You could have made it to 80 but then again you would have looked like hell in adult diapers.

I?m mad at you. We didn?t meet in Georgia last spring and now their going to play taps before I get down south again. You were going to buy the first round but don?t think your getting out of that promise. I will see you by the by and I?m going to collect.

You?ve left a void within your family. You?ve left a void with your friends and I?d be pleased and proud to think I number among the the friends. You might think a December trip to Massachusetts is now out of the question but your wrong.
A part of you is here with me and will stay with me forever. We?ll have a conversation about the heat in the summer and we?ll talk the next time ?we? shovel the snow.

I've been listening to "Knocking On Heaven's Door", "Bad Moon Rising" and "Sweet Home Alabama". Guessing you would approve of that.

So long for now baby saun. May you have made it to heaven an hour before the devil knew you died. May the pain be gone forever. And if there are 72 virgins waiting in heaven, save me a couple that don?t look like Janet Reno.

Lest we forget,
Andy
Old 08-11-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Last Patrol

This is for Frank,who helped me thru some rough times back on the History Channells site.
My you rest in everlasting peace

Upon these fading eyes stands the image of names cut into this cold black stone of honor.

Upon these fading eyes is the image of young boys who went to war so very long ago

with a spring in their step and heads held high.

Upon these fading eyes are the faces of lost friends who gave their all in a war not of

they?re making so very long ago.

Upon these fading eyes is the sorrow of tears that flow from a heart that was as cold

as this black stone.

Upon these fading eyes is the image of soldiers as they file by on one last patrol.

For we shall all march in that last patrol to the gates of Heaven in the memory of all those who stand in our place in fields of war far from home.

by Guy Franks
Old 08-11-2003, 11:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Frank Skokan

All I am able to tell everyone this morning is Frank will be buried at Fort Mitchell National Cemetery,Fort Mitchell,Ala Friday.Fort Mitchell is south of Phenix City,AL and Columbus,GA. Frank had a heart attack in his sleep and never woke up.He looked like he was sleeping.I have lost my friend and brother,thanks for all the kinds words about him, say a prayer for his Father and Mother,Danny
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Frank, I love you brother. I know you loved me. Thank you for being my friend. I'll keep your words and remember your love for music, books, a quiet life and your love of the ride.

You were the first to tell me I had as much right on the Veterans site as anyone else. You really didn't care what others thought. And you called me one day and told me not to back down when I felt something strongly. That I wasn't to be intimated by anyone. You are all so the first to say to me on the Veterans Site that there were some names not on the Wall that deserved equal recognition.

Frank you walked me through one of the darkest periods of my life. Calling me and checking on me and telling me what you were cooking just so I would take an interest in food. You were never harsh with me but you always told me the truth. There is no way that I can ever forget that time and what you did for me brother.

I laugh about all the times you called and read me your bumper stickers just to get me to laugh. You got busy with other things to do. I didn't hear from youagain until Griz got sick.When Griz got sick you wrote me and told me he was in your thoughts and you were hoping for the best. You wanted to see Kati with her daddy. And you told me "I got your slack Sis." I hope you know how much that meant to me. To know you were backing us up.

I am so thankful that I was able to help you with your computerand got to wish you Happy Birthday once more. You told me you wanted to keep your word about that October ride we were going to have a couple years ago but something happened and it didn't work out.

I was petrified to think about getting on the back of a bike again. I haven't been on one exceptwith my son since I was a kid.My son took me around the block and I said "That's it for me buddy". I wouldn't have told you no though for the world. I told you if you made it that you would be only one of two that had. Bit's being the other. It took Bit's almost three years to keep his word to me. But he made it. It looks like we won't make it this October but I know there has to be Harley's in heaven and October'scause it's one of my two favorite months. I'll catchup with you there.

I'm smiling now about you telling me you were coming to take this old lady for a ride...and "when I lean...don't lean Sis...sit straight up...or we will wind up some place we don't want to be..." "Ok brother..you won't have to tell me twice..."

This is killing me brother but I'm going to keep your words. "Go walk Sis...and don't put your head down, look at the trees and the flowers...think on the good things..."

Peace to your heart now dear brother...

I'll see you on the other side....

Your Sis....

Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-11-2003, 11:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Band of Brothers

This day is called the feast of Crispins;
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispin.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbors,
And say, These wounds I had on Crispin's day.
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names
Familiar in their mouths as household words,
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Glouster,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remembered.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall never go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered,
We few, we happyfew, we Band of Brothers;
For he today that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he never so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
~
William Shakespeare - Henry V
Old 08-11-2003, 01:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Heros.

For my friend, Frank.

Heroes

The night is dark and deep like the Wall...rows upon rows of names glow in the light of a crescent moon, like webs of frost... Faces appear then fade like ghosts... so young...so young we all were... tears fall in a silent rain and my heart lies cold within my chest. I hear you say we are the heroes... and I want to say... No my brothers...you are the heroes... We all stood proud and tall and some had to fall... For us, the battles are over but you still fight on... Yes, you there in the wheelchair... And you my brother who dreads the coming of sleep... and you my friend who will never again see the stars bright and sharp in the sky... or you, old warrior who cannot hear the silver bell giggles of a granddaughter... and you sister, who comforted us, cried and prayed for us... Stand tall my friends...my brothers... my sisters... cry if you need...but be aware that it is you who are the heroes, for you continue to fight for us, as we did for you... And one day, when your battles are won, we will meet again... and the heavens will rock with the joy of it all.

copyright, ewrichardson, 2002
I got your PM Lil Sis----I just can't talk right now. Gimmie a few days and maybe I can give you a call. Till then, God Bless.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:41 PM

My deepest condolences and sympathy for the family, god bless Frank and take him into his loving arms.