The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2004, 04:36 PM

Post Local Soldier Killed In Afghanistan

LOCAL SOLDIER KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN
June 1
Albany, NY - A 26-YR-OLD SOLDIER WITH TIES TO THE CAPITAL REGION HAS BEEN KILLED IN AFGHANISTAN. THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT HAS CONFIRMED THAT ARMY STAFF SGT. ROBERT MOGENSEN, A NATIVE OF GLOVERSVILLE, WAS KILLED ON MAY 29TH IN KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN, ALONG WITH 2 OTHERS, CAPT. DANIEL EGGERS OF CAPE CORAL, FLA AND PRIVATE 1ST CLASS JOSEPH JEFFRIES OF BEAVERTON, OREGON, WHEN THEIR VEHICLE HIT A LAND MINE. ACCORDING TO THE DEFENSE DEPT'S WEB SITE, MOGENSEN WAS ASSIGNED TO THE 1ST BATTALION, 3RD SPECIAL FORCES GROUP, AIRBORNE, ATTACHED TO FT. BRAGG, N.C. HIS ADDRESS GIVEN AS LEESVILLE, LA, BUT ARMY PUBLIC AFFAIRS SAYS HE STILL HAS FAMILY IN THE GLOVERSVILLE AREA. GLOVERSVILLE MAYOR FRANK LA PORTA SAYS IT'S TRAGIC NEWS, BUT SAYS THE COMMUNITY WILL BAND TOGETHER TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links