The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2020, 10:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation The Winds Of Hell...

2-26-2020

Common Sense circumvents even authority, and when the wind begins to blow-over even huge semi’s out on “Highway 8 – Eastbound”, only a damn fool continues to test the fates of Hell!

And such was the case here last evening, and into this morning as well, as “The Winds of Hell” whistled their way up my backbone and all the way down to my trembling toes, here in “The High and Barren Back-Country”, out to the east of San Diego!

Now this region is no walk in the park, not even on a good day, as any cross-country tucker will attest, but last night was a real bitch! And living back here in the midst all of this desolation, I am here to tell you that life can really get more than a bit exiting at times – and last night was no exception to that rule! And I know that to many of you out there winds of over 100 mph are no big deal, but when you couple that with all of this barren-ass terrain (it being blacker than the inside of a coal-miners backside at midnight) temperatures below freezing, and this old mobile home that we live in dancing around like a “Drunken Swabbie On Leave”, then maybe you are just beginning to get the idea? “And of course, it doesn’t help when you also throw in the fact that we have no neighbors in plain sight, and superstition runs rampant in these parts!”

But as luck would have it, we once again managed to make it through yet another cold and hard back-country night, and “The Headless Horseman, nor any other spook or hobgoblin” that prowls these parts in the dead of night managed to put an end to my ongoing saga, at least not last night, so I guess that I have managed to live on and write another day!

“Until next time – “

Hardcore
Old 02-26-2020, 10:38 AM

Talking

Wow - HC - I take it you & Mamma survived the ordeal and that's great. But I wasn't in your neighborhood the other day and I take exception to the Drunk'en Sailor on Leave - as that happened to me a very long time ago - but your post - did wake up an old memory.

Well - I'm well past those wild issues yesterdays - now I drink my beers in the garage and walk in the front door - and go to sleep! Those days of gallivanting are only memories of a long gone past.

But - I do recall one time in Hong Kong we (three of us) got liberty and we started with beers then drank 3-shots of Absence (well of course we got hammered) got a rickshaw and went to a hot-see bathhouse to sober up in boiling water. We looked like red well cooked lobster's - but we were sober enough to get back to our ship.

But I think many other branches of service folks have had similar events on liberty. When you get off the line and finally get a liberty - your ready live it up while you can. Cause you know you're going back on the line within 2-weeks or sooner - if there's a recall.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote