The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Robert J Ryan

Sure hope all is well now Doc this spring has been crazy so far as weather goes. You folks in Tennesse experincing tornadoes, here in Northern CA since March 1 we have had only 12 days of dry weather. I wonder if the movie Day after Tommorrow is happeing for real.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2006, 09:18 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Doc Hal...glad you are still with us! Have been watching those storms and thinking of you guys! Looks like Ma Nature is attacking the Pysco retreat today, you boys batten down them there hatches!

Here in Dallas, we can not buy a rain drop!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Nuttin happened here. We seem to have something about this area that stops them from forming. The last one in this area was in the 1930's but I didn't want to tempt the fates last night by saying it. They seem to not happen east of Knoxville. I did see some clouds start rotating once.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

We got quite a bit of rain and some wind but luck was with us here in Brantley Co. Seems the Tornado watch didn't upgrade to a Tornado for us. I heard on the News Warren Co,TN got hit by a tornado.My GrGrandparents the Browns were from there.Hope everyone on PF got missed by the bad weather.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Doc.2/47

Some more pics.:

Near miss:

Direct hit:

Debris damage:

Neil-
Goodlettesville is about 90 miles North of here.

Tom-

I was living in Murfreesboro when your CO was killed and got my draft notice there around the same time.

You ain't foolin nobody-Ca. has wildfires,mudslides, an one of these days the BIG earthquake's gonna come along an dump everything West of the mountains in the Pacific. Believe I'll stick with Tennessee.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Eck, I don't envy the severe part of them storms a bit, just the rain. I was once caught in softball sized hail....I hate hail. It beat out all the windows on one of the hospitals here. Bad stuff.

Prayersbeen going out for everyone thats been hit by these horrible storms.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Doc.2/47

Just heard they found a couple of more bodies which brings the toll up to 12.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey

Doc................I just saw this today and wanted you folks up that way to know you've all been in mine and Jackies' prayers.

We lived in and around Atlanta just about all our life (Douglasville, Dunwoody, Forsyth County) and have gone through many tornado "seasons" (and a couple of tornados) that we were very fortunate to survive.

Glad to hear you and Doc Fred made out OK.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the folks up there.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Pretty tough stuff those high cyclones winds. I don't envey anyone having to deal with such an event. My prayers to those lost and hurt - let's hope what they are saying about our weather doesn't really come true. This is suppose to be a record setting year for hurricanes and tornado's - keep an eye to the sky or duck and cover once again.

Take care Doc

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-10-2006, 10:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Has anyone here ever had to go out to the vegetable garden during a Hail Storm and put the plastic jugs over new 'mater plants to keep them from being broken by the stones? me and my lil' brother did that a couple of times we would wear our thick winter coats and dads hard hat(he cut stove wood to heat our home) sounded scary all them golf ball sized hail pinging off our hats
y'all take care this tornado season we are in for a nasty spring and summer storms.

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:09 AM.