The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2003, 01:16 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Griz

I thought you all would like to know that Griz is having a ball. I just talked to him and he is so thankful to the Father and to all of you that have supported him, prayed for him and encouraged him. He is feeling great, busy with the things you have to do keeping the car running. They went to Indy and are now in Terre Haute. He really appreciated seeing Bob K....and the Hooters Girls.... while he was in Indy. (Well a man can't go by Hooters without getting a t-shirt!) We both have big smiles on our faces because we are so greatful for friends that care enough to go through the bad times and the good times with us. He will have been gone a month when he gets back home. As he said who would have "thunk it" that he could go from all most not making it to travelin' halfway across the country and enjoying every minute of it. I'm sure he is going to have some great stories to tell you all when he gets back.

God Bless you all and thank you again.

Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2003, 01:32 PM

Very happy for him! Rock on

Old 08-02-2003, 06:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

And ain't no body shooting at us ! We are lucky. Smiles and hugs for the house. Thank you.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Way to go, Griz! Enjoy life, you have earned it many times over.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Wishing you all the best Griz !! Take care.

Larry
Old 08-03-2003, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Yes

?Well, a man can?t go by a Hooters without getting a T shirt?. Sis, you really need to have your own TV show or at least go on the lecture tour. What a great mind, such wisdom and insight. You really need to give advise and council to women all over our nation and the world. You?re a good person.

Really glad to hear Griz is having such fun. Really glad to know that he can! Aint miracles great??? Being able to do things (even if you don?t actually do them sometimes) it?s just wonderful. Probably not fully appreciated, except by those folks who when thru a period when they were unable to do anything. Go for it Griz!

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-03-2003, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Andy,

I got on line to go look in the Classifieds for a job. I'm laid off. But now that you mentioned it a lecture tour might be the ticket.

Miracles are great. Hearing him laugh and the joy in his voice just does this girl more good than she can say.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-03-2003, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What Andy said!

Kuddos to Griz! Hope he continues to enjoy himself.

Also, if the "job" thing goes on for to long---you let us know if there's ANYTHING we can do to help, ya heanh? We can't have our little sister going around needing for any of lifes necessities, ya know.

Your Bro,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking GRIZ

Life on The Road! You livin' in that little travel trailer, or do you treat yourself to a motel once in awhile? Hell, if Mick Jagger can still do it, I know you can hang in there. Although, he probably has more comfortable digs to go to and the end of the gig .

Glad to hear you're havin' FUN, Bro. Give me a call when you get home.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:56 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

God Bless you for that Steve. I'm going to be just fine. I keep things in my life real simple. No credit card debt etc. Books and music and honest friends keep me happy.

I really don't want much in life. Well....Ceptin'.... a nice rig and a 5th wheel!

Thank you brother..

Sis