The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Concerns

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Unhappy President Proposes Raise to Vet Prescription Prices

President Proposes Raise to Vet Prescription Prices

According to administration officials, President Bush's FY2006 budget proposal plans to increase health charges to veterans. The president's $2.5 trillion budget includes a proposal to more than double co-payment charges for veterans receiving prescription drugs, while requiring some veterans to pay a new annual fee of $250 to use government health care. The proposal stands to face opposition from veterans organizations along with members of Congress. According to a NY Times article, "Democrats have already indicated that they are poised to pounce on any sign that the Bush administration is stinting on veterans' benefits." The budget plan would increase co-payments from $7 to $15 for a month's supply of prescription drugs. Moreover, the $250 fee for government health care would largely apply to those veterans without service-related disabilities and higher incomes. As of now, the government does not have an estimate of how many veterans would be affected by the proposal. To read more, see the NY Times article. For more on proposed changes affecting veterans, read this article. How do you feel about this budget proposal? Contact your public officials now. Your voice matters!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2005, 08:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks

for the update SparrowHawk62.

This is nothing new. Bush has already increased the co-pay one time, and now wants to do it again along with underfunding many, many other health programs within the VA!

I hope the veterans who voted for Bush are happy now. Some of us have been telling them for years now this would happen!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote