The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2003, 08:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Image Pandering!

When I heard a remark that was attributed to the President after 9/11, I could hardly believe my ears - ie: ?How will this effect my image abroad??

I thought for sure that I was listening to some ?Orson Wells Remake? of the ?War of the Worlds? or a sequel uttered by Marie Antoinette, in which she stated when informed that the people had no bread: ?Then let them eat cake" (How Cute Of The French Bitch)! A callous cuteness, I might add, that eventually cost her, her pompous head!

Nowadays, however, unthinking comments and crass remarks are but usually ignored sidebars. When some damned political fool runs his (or her) yap in the wrong direction, the hero quickly blames someone else, points a finger elsewhere, lies like a flea and mite infested rug, or laughs off his lies, along with the dead bodies that liter his (or her) path to fame an fortune at any cost!

Nationalism, our economy, the common good, mutual survival, and even national honor an truth, have all been given a back seat to ?Personal Image Building? at any cost - ?Any Cost At All!"

One Republican Congressman from Colorado (I believe) came right out recently and echoed the words that most in government already know to be a fact - ?We Pussy-Foot Around With Other Nations?, including those who share the North American Continent with us, for fear of invoking their anger! ?Should we start to tremble now Mr. President, or Mr. or Mrs Congressperson??

I mean what the hell, (not too long ago) I e-mailed all 100 U.S. Senators and over 40 Congressmen, and received but a single standard form response thanking me for taking the time to write! Even our heroic president, a man who also received a copy of my letter (twice), never bothered to reply! Was it political squeamishness perhaps, apathy, or was he busy practicing touchdowns on carriers? Could it have been this that prevented him or a member of his staff, from taking the time to respond!

Before the age of e-traffic, I spent a fortune in stamps, envelopes, writing paper, and long distance phone calls, trying to get someone in politics to lend me (us) an ear! But alas, it is indeed difficulty to capture the ear of the few in politics, considering the fact that the ear and the nose are in such close proximity, and we all know where many of these noses are stuck!

It is my opinion, one hopefully born out at the poles in November, that far too many politicians could really give a shit less what they really are, just as long as the people themselves are kept in the dark!? ?And for all too many of us, this is a darkness of our own making!!?

VERITAS
Old 09-15-2003, 09:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hardcore!

Didn't surprise me at all! You think this guy really gives a flyin-pig-shit about ANYTHING but his "image"??? Not hardly, just take a look at his "record" of breaking promises to military veterans and their families. :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Again Gimpy - "WHY DON'T YOU SAY WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL?!"