The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2004, 05:15 AM

Default What if an Army cook wore jump boots?

Remember the rules about flight jackets

USN-NNS5207.
The rules, outlined in NAVADMINs 164/97 and 193/97, define those limitations for those authorized to wear flight clothing.

The brown leather jacket may be worn by naval aviators, pilots, flight officers, undergraduate pilots, NFOs, flight surgeons and eligible enlisted aircrewmen (E7-9) with flight suits, service khaki, working khaki, winter blue, winter working blue and aviation working green. Eligible enlisted aircrew E6 and below may wear the brown leather flight jacket with flight suits, dungarees, winter working blue and winter blue.

The United States Navy on the World Wide Web.
A service of the Navy Office of Information, Washington D.C. Send feedback or questions to comments@chinfo.navy.mil
The United States Navy web site is found on the Internet
at: http://www.navy.mil

For Senator Kerry, a "boat guy", to be wearing a Navy Flight Jacket would be the same arrogance and "stolen valor" as a Naval Aicrewman like myself to walk around with a SEAL's Budweiser on my jacket.

Aircrew, Pilots, NFOs and others EARNED that Leather Jacket. If ANY President wears a flight jacket, that's fine... He or she is CINC. Senators are NOT in charge of the Armed Forces.

I wonder where he got the jacket....maybe he yanked it out of gov't supply. But, oh yeah, its ok because he's a Senator.

Hardball
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2004, 07:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hardball

Thanks for informing us about the logical application of the leather flight jacket rule; it makes perfectly good sense, and serves as a benchmark for a symbol of pride for those truly authorized to wear one.

So it is not surprising that John F**ing Kerry would wear one, yet another example of his ongoing role of pretender. Any pandering politician who would make the claim, while standing in front of the Vietnam Memorial in D.C., that "had they lived, they would have voted for me..." deserves nothing but our individual and collective contempt. A real man does not need to stand on the shoulders of his dead comrades to make himself look taller.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-07-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Standing tall..

The old saying goes,

"We stand tallest with our heads bowed"

Hardball
Old 04-07-2004, 06:03 PM

From the Official Kerry Website...

For years, he'd ridden foreign motorcycles a Triumph Bonneville back during his Navy days; later a Ducati; and then his most recent bike, a two-year-old BMW R1200 but now John Kerry was going American, and going whole hog. On a cool Saturday morning this past April, wearing a leather flight jacket festooned with Navy patches, the junior senator from Massachusetts walked through the glass doors of Harley-Davidson/Buell of Boston and wove his way through a chrome-capped sea of bikes, past Electra Glides and V-Rods, and past the new Dyna Wide Glides, perhaps the most unsubtle entry in the Harley-Davidson line and the senator's next bike. He didn't have to say who he was; with his long, aristocratic face and lantern jaw, and that famous head of salt-and-pepper hair, he was unmistakable. "They're bringing it out front," he was told, and he smiled. After years of shopping performance, John Kerry was opting for style; he was here to claim a Harley.

That makes me want to vote for him...Maybe he'll make a "Run for the Wall"

EARN your wings first Senator... then you can wear the jacket.

Callsign: "Hardball"
Former Naval Aircrewman
AW2 S-3A Viking Tailhook SENSO

AIRCREW...ALL THE WAY... OOOH-RAH!
Old 04-08-2004, 04:22 AM

Over the next couple of weeks you are going to be hearing from some of Kerry's "Higher-ups" from his Vietnam "Short Tour" who will be raising a lot of questions about the validity of his Silver Star and 3 Purple Heart Medals. Should get really interesting to see Kerry squirm when the stories hit the press.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default colmurph

Roger your last re: the anticipated Kerry implosion. But perhaps a Warning Order should be issued as well. When this news about the real Kerry hits the street, the klaxon horns in the DNC will be sounding and they will be screaming "character assassination" at the top of their marijuana-coated lungs. A valid rebuttal is already prepared, and we simply need to say, "How can there be character assassination when there is no character?"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-09-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Kerry is scary, but his wife is even worse

I'm really surprized at the lack of attention that Senator Kerry's wife and her anti-US actions are getting.
Good ol' Kerry had the gumtion to throw his metals over the fence at the White House (and then later claim that he only threw "fake" metals) , as a form of protest against the VN war. He also "Knob- Hobbed" with Hanoi Jane and participated in the plotting of assasinating several pro-war senators.
Now we're beginning to find out some rather disturbing actions being taken / funded by his mega-millionaire wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.
Teresa Kery has quite a track record of supporting (funding) several anti-US organizations. It seems that one of her favorite "pet" charities is the Tides Foundation. What is the Tides Foundation you ask? It is an outfit which sends hundreds of millions of dollars a year to various groups protesting the invastion of Iraq, demands open US borders and provides funding for the legal defenses of suspected terrorists, such as those interned at Gitmo.
Teresa is also one of the biggest supporters of Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. This group wants to ease (read that as eliminate) all restictions on immigration across the board, including those restrictions against known terrorist nations. The IAC has also offered to fully fund the defense of Saddam Hussein and his "government". The IAC is accusing the US of violating international laws when it went to war with Iraq and "illegally" overthrew Hussein and his government. Teresa Kerry has donated millions of dollars to this cause!!
She also financially supports the terrorist organization of Hamas to the tune of well over a million dollars. Is it any wonder that the "good" senator from Mass. is doing everything he can to keep her out of the spotlight ?
Old 04-09-2004, 05:24 PM

Default Hey Sarge...

Stop pointing out the obvious... The Left hates it.

Why has there been ZERO review of Mrs. Kerry-Heinz in the mainstream press?

They know she is the third-rail for the Dems.

And to insinuate that she is either an overt member of the 5th column, or that she lets her money do the talking, is pretty uppity of you.

We live in an era of sound-bites and imagery... NO ONE has the time to delve into the details, nor do details make for "good" TV.

And worst of all, America's collective attention span is too limited to deal with unraveling tangled webs of deception.

Subterfuge and obfuscation are virtues to the Left, even if it means the death of the very freedoms they enjoy.

Hardball

(NO relation to Chris Matthews...I'm suing his lilly white ass for stealing my family's traditional callsign"
Old 04-10-2004, 05:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gulp, say what? Tell me it isn?t so Sergeant Bob. Teddy Jane Kerry is literally in bed with an advocate of global murder and terrorism? :ek:
It was my understanding that the abundantly wealthy Mrs. Teddy Jane is Jewish, at least by heritage, and if so it would be highly unlikely that she would find common cause with Hamas. As well, I thought that the US Jewish population has ton of stroke with in the Democratic Party and are staunch Israeli advocates. Given this, it seems to me that they?d be raising all kinds of hell over the possibility of Hamas owning the financial patronage of the Whitehouse. Aarrgg!! Me thinks me knowledge locomotive missed the last curve and has derailed momentarily. :cd:
I had to run and check what kind of ketchup was in my frige, tiz Sunny Select so maybe I dodged that bullet, eh, maybe.

Ha, maybe Andy wasn?t joking when he reckoned that Massachusetts was regularly aerial sprayed with Prozac. Yikes, this is too surrealistic to be sane so sumpon has gone to a major disconnect or possibly to a slight-of-hand connect, scary idiotic-shit for sure.

Scamp
Old 04-10-2004, 06:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp, Sgt Tropo and all

Coming soon to a thread near you will be a "connect-the-dots" story about Teresa Jane Heinz Kerry and her involvement in and connection to some relaly nasty folks. SgtTropo has a great start on this, and to see the really scary link to her and Hamas, do a little research on the Tides Foundation. The blood of our patriarch Abraham must be boiling.