The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 AM

Unhappy Navy & Marine Files found

I found this on the Military.com Veterans Notice -

Sailors' Personal Data Found on Website

For the second time in recent weeks, personal information on Navy personnel has been found on a public website. Personal information on more than 100,000 Navy and Marine Corps aviators and aircrew was discovered and removed recently from the Naval Safety Center publicly available website at www.safetycenter.navy.mil. The personal information was also inadvertently included on 1,083 disks that the Navy mailed to Navy and Marine Corps commands. The Navy is working quickly to notify affected individuals by letter. The Navy Personnel Command (NPC) call center in Millington, Tenn. has set up a call center at 1-866-827-5672 to be manned 24 hours a day to assist affected personnel.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Thank you very much Boats! This is one mail call, I hope I don't get a letter!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 07-24-2006, 08:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This stuff is getting old, with the governemnt being so lack in the security of people names and ssn's they are chagred to protect.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).