The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Korea

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2002, 07:24 PM

Default Korea

GREAT SITE. I SERVED IN KOREA DEC 66 TO JAN 68 WITH ALPHA COMPANY 13TH ENGINEER BATTALION 7TH INFANTRY DIVISION IN CAMP KAISER.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2002, 09:23 AM

Default Camp Kaiser

I was up at Unchon-ni with Task Force Alpha . I think they closed down Camp Kaiser in later years.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Welcome Aboard Gentlemen

BBEIL

I would like to see more Korean Vets involved on this site! I think it would add to the perspective of all.

Keith
Old 08-10-2002, 07:46 PM

Wink Not a real veteran...

Not a real veteran, ...but I did serve in Korea from 1959 to 1960 and 1961 to1962.

My first tour was with the 8th Army Long Lines Signal Bat. near Pusan. I was on a mountain site named Chang-San.

The second tour was with the 51st Signal attached to I Corp. I bumped around all the mountain sites in the Seoul and Uijongbu areas. Vaguely rememberdoing a little timeat Camp Caseywhile setting up some crypto stuff (BC610's ) near theDMZ.Sincethat was40 some years ago, the memory is a little blurred.

It wasnice to read about longforgotten places on this site, ...need lots more.

'Cause of some health issues (Emphysema-"Compliments of Camels"), gonna retire soon and will have lots of time to annoy and irritate lots of people .

The Patriot Files is (are) a good thing,

Ken

Old 08-10-2002, 08:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default annoy and irritate!

Brother You'd fit right in with Andy and Seatjerker and all them Psycho Vets. Welcome Aboard.

We got a bunch of guys who ride Harley's and scare little old ladies on the freeway. Them Psycho Vets are a rough bunch.

Of course you will have to join my theropy group for those with warped humor.

Keith
Old 08-10-2002, 09:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HEY...

...I RESEMBLE THAT...
...i don't get mad, i don't get even, i get even worse...

...actually i enjoy being included into the "harassing few" but thats what evens out the playing field, I try to play fair when it's games, but when it comes to fighting, "the marques de queensbury has been dead a long time "(father quote) as in feet teeth nails, and elbows, so, am I invited to dinner, or what...
...Sa wa de.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-10-2002, 09:31 PM

After browsing through some of the threads I did notice that theydo get a tad intense.

Ken
Old 09-25-2002, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kenmar.......

Sorry to hear about your: "Camel"-related problems.
But, and since HUNDREDS OF BILLION$ of additional taxes have been ripped-off from all cigarette smokers over the last few years for such reasons, I'm sure you'll get the best (plus free) medical attention for such available (just a sick joke).

Regardless, and joking aside, please scrub that: "Not a Real Veteran" from your vocabulary, since I too served in harms way almost like like yourself and/or during; "The WRONG Years".
Granted, my DMZ Service (Czech/West German Border '55 to '58) wasn't in Korea. But, so what?

If The USA recognizes your and my Honorable Service to Country, and The VA and we also recognize our selfless and Honorable Service to Country,...who-the-hell cares that The Legion and VFW quite superiorily and biasedly think otherwise.
Hey Friend,...it's "Their" LOSS. It's certainly not "Ours" and/or about 5 million or so deemed Cold War Era Veterans' LOSS, while The Service to Country of so many are perpetually insulted by the self-annointed/chartered: "The REAL Veterans".

Neil
Old 09-25-2002, 12:01 PM

Neil, thanks for the reply.

Ironically, just serving in Korea anytime makes you eligible for the VFW.I did join 6 years ago, but still don't feel at quite at home whenI go to the post. After all, VFW is the acronym for "Veterans of Foreign Wars" and I was not in any war. Seems like the VFW could create some kind of Associate membership where any veteran like you and I would factually be eligible. Maybe I'm just hung up on syntax ...

And then,to beat all, I'm a member of the American Legion under the Vietnam rules cause I was in Korea during the very very first days of the Vietnam war.(The Military Advisor period)

I gotta say that belonging to both has allowed me to meet and become friends with lots of neat people. From what I've been reading here, many arelike those on this site. I'm grateful for that.

About the smoking, no offense taken.My habit of smoking was derived from my other habit of being stupid.Like you always hear.. ."Wish I knew then what Iknow now".The problem with this"Gaining Wisdom with Age" thing, is most of the time you don't need it when you get it.

Ken

Old 09-25-2002, 02:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kenmar...

Glad to hear that your Overseas Duty for Country wasn't similarly belittled, as was/is done by both The Legion and VFW for many Cold War Veterans. Still, and any: "Syntax" aside, you must admit that such Brother Veteran behavior is more than a bit uppity. Don't you think? After all, it's likely that there are predominantly (4-5-6 to 1 ratio) just as many REMF'S in all Veteran Organizations (Order of The Purple Heart excluded), as there normally are and have historically been in The Military.

On that: "HUNDREDS OF BILLION$ of additional taxes being ripped-off...", I was just sarcastically trying to make the point that no one except the politicos and/or lawyers involved seem to know where all those; "HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS" actually went or go to. What a shame.

I would think that given such a staggering amount, all cigarette related illness would be paid for entirely by both State and Federal governments. Wouldn't you think?
Regardless, don't hold your breath for such (no pun intended).

Neil