The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fathers day gift

Fathers have historically gotten "not so good" gifts for Fathers Day. Mothers expect to get that 3 diamond necklace or 3 diamond ring or that gold and birthstone ring because these things say "I Love You" and a card or a piece of paper that says ?I Love You? from there kid somehow doesn't say as much.
Fathers are content in getting a piece of paper or a ugly tie or some similar cheep thing because to them its the thought not the gift that counts.
Hears how you fathers can get a better present next year and also not get the little women a high priced gift, After all the kid doesn't buy a 3 diamond necklace no matter what some commercial says.
Next year, well before Mothers day, you sit down with your wife and have a budget conversation. Honey, we need to budget our Mothers day/fathers day gifts......Pause..... What budget--she is thinking, (you spend a lot of money on me and I don't buy you anything)
Alright she says,, You then say how much money should we spend on "each" day?????? Pause-----. What ever figure you decide on is now what each one of you give to the kid to buy the other one a gift. If she wants Diamond ring that cost $500. then you also get $500 which is $1,000 budget. Now she may start to settle for less, say around $250 and this gives a budget of $500.
Hears the kicker,,,,, Have "ALL" the money before mothers day comes around, Because somehow when fathers day gets hear the money is needed elsewhere. Now this is what you would have spent on her alone so now you still spend the same amount its just that now you get something worth wild.
Both one of these days should be about money, but TV and commercials for stores have made the public think that a gift is the only thing that says I Love You. Somehow it?s a bad thing if the Father gets a gift that cost the same as the Mothers.
Just an opinon.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2005, 05:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

ron :

hmmmmmmmmmmmm did u ever pull this off ?? if memory serves
i usually wound up giving folks money to buy me christmas bday and father's days gifts, sad to say....a budget for gifts, what a concept..lol

larry