The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2003, 08:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't know what the current stats are, but I recall at one point it was estimated that Medicare fraud was running 30% or so. Throw in VA fraud, and the Earned Income Tax Credit fraud all of these years...oh well....you get the message ...

Larry
Old 11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Being Tagged as a Wannabe

Was why I did not join this site for a long time. LT would tell me about all of the great guys on the web. Once he informed me that of all of his friends and acquaintances that served in VN I was the only one that did not show up on any database as having served in VN. He knew that I did because I had to many details of areas and terrain that were common to us, still there was the little HMMMM. I didn't join here until after the VA turned me down for PTSD due to "No record of Combat Service In VN" I called one of my infantry BnCos that retired as a *** General and he wrote a letter to the VA confirming combat service and more. My wife wrote our congressmen once to request that the army reissue my medals so she could make a framed presentation for me for Christmas. She still has the letter that says there is no record of my military service in VN. I just got off the phone with the VA confirming that they have found me 70% PTSD plus AO diabetes BUT my records have been flagged and forwarded to Philadelphia on the 19th for a special hearing. He was not able to tell me why or what the hearing was about. I dislike wannabes, They steal from us. They tell outrageous stories under the guise of classified or other. They steal the honor of the many true heroes that still live behind a black granite wall in a small depression in the ground in D.C.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PHO

Thanks for giving us the update on your status! Sounds like you finally got some wheels turning, albeit slowly, so progress appears to be happening for you. It astounds even the slowest of us as to how you could have AO diabetes, PTSD, and still not have any record of VN; the higher-ups must think we're all too doped up to connect the dots. Keep after the b**tards, you've got a bunch of flank and point and drag working you behalf! Lemme know if I can help.

Progress Report to All: had a quiet little chat with my "rep" at the VA Center today. Rather nonchalantly, I asked what verbal sorting process they used to pin-point wannabees. To make a long story abbreviated, I came away from his explanation, satisfied that they have a good procedure in place. I then asked him about the, how you say, squirt-gunner, that I encountered on Monday. When I described him, my rep just laughed and said, "Oh, you mean our lobby sitter?" As he was sitting in federal property, I guess just about anybody can come and go, long as they don't make too much of a nuisance of theyselves. He's not drawing any bennies, just breathing free air, mooching coffee off the MOPH booth when it's operational, and regaling the unsuspecting with his tales of daring-do-do. I plan to make an effort to find him on my next trip there, just to have some fun - and yes, I'll do it outside his little react circle! Anybody buying any pumpkin futures today??????

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Going to plant pumkins

Last year we planted about 5 acres but never picked them. Now that we know the market we will be rich. Got a spot all picked out at the psyco vets lodge, garage, barbque and car wash. Just below the drain field for the septic tank. Should grow the pumpkins with all the right ingredients for wannabes. Sure wish I could be with you when you meet squirt shooter again. Some time ago I had asked my shrink for my PTSD group how they managed wannabes. He said that the Vets normally picked them right away and they don't show up after the first time. My anger management group gets pretty rowdy sometimes, I posted some time ago about 6 barrel bobby and how he related that he burned up 6 machine gun barrels in one night, I told him that he should have been Courts Martialed for burning up 60s like that and he replied that it was a .50. He has not returned since. LT and I have met a bunch of them. One claimed to be a MOH winner and I told him I didn't recognize his name, My first cousin was a MOH recipient and I had a book of all recipients since the civil war. I was going home to look up his name and then come back and beat the shit out of him. He ran out the back door of the bar.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pumpkins-R-Us

Everybody should send a congratulatory letter, note, or IOU to PHO for his remarkably marvelous idea of marketing PsychoVet Pumpkin Butt Rub, and assorted body emolients. Now, we need to have a marketing plan, with a catchy logo and cut line: my money for the winning entry will be on Sir Scamp's wonderfully warped mind.

Here's a start: "Buy This Stuff, Rub It On, Or Die!"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Matt was a Wannabe

We had a guy named Matt who came to the same bar as LT and I. Matt knew just enough about VN that we figured he had been there but not in a combat role. One day he came in and asked me if I could get him one of those wreath thing decals that I had on my truck for him. Confused, I asked him what he meant, What wreath thing?? You know, he said, the little blue wreath thing with the rifle on it. I told him no, they didn't make them any more. after he found out it was the CIB he proudly told everyone that he had 2 of them. Some time later he died of a heart attack and LT and I went to the bar for drinks, One of his sons was telling everyone how much of a hero his dad was and that he had won the silver star in VN and had 2 purple hearts.

SS, Correction, The pumpkin Idea was Scamps. But I think it is great and will conjure up a marketing Scam oops I mean sales line.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:13 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Wannabees

I found that when I was inpatient at American Lake VAMC for the summer of `98 for PTSD treatment,that the wannabees got themselves rooted out within the first week or so.What was amazing to me was how in the world they got there in the first place.And what was particularly upsetting to me and others was the fact that there were some really sick veterans waiting their turn to get in.
Brice:5 will get you 10 that the squirt-gunner says that he escaped from the Hanoi Hilton.

Peace,Griz
Old 11-21-2003, 03:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I say bring back the days of the Salem witch hunts only use wannabes for kindling instead of redhead girls.!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-21-2003, 05:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

Where were these guys when no one wanted to admit they were Viet Nam vets. Frank told me he used to just tell people he had been in jail for a year rather than say he had been across the pond. Back then , when asked , I used to tell people I never killed more babies than I could eat in a day
Old 11-21-2003, 09:24 AM

Here is something you might find amusing.

I clicked onto Military Pay Charts the other morning to do some background check on my X son in law, found out he was lying, but ANYHOO, Karen got onto it also and went further into the site.

She found that you can order Uniforms, Badges, insignias (sp) from this post and dont have to be a Vet.

Just an interesting thought about what these computors can do for you if you want what you want.

BTW, we did find out he only makes $233.00 a month compared to the enlisted who makes over 1500.00 a month as an E4 over four.

enough...... ( can I be a wannbee?)