The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2002, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default what do we do next?

Anybody start thinking about whats going to happen if the wrong people get a weapon of mass destruction -- and use it? What do we do next?
This has got to be up for everyone here.
My answer is: I don't know--anyone else?

james

happy just to be alive
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2002, 10:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I think

if these crazy bastards get one, they are going to use it. Period!

In Andy's state of Mass they have seen them checking out schools. I think it's gonna get damn bad and I'm with you, I have no idea what to do about it.

Lets hope the intellegence community can get it's shit together and try and stop something before it happens, but I doubt it.

I have no doubt that some sort of Nuke device will be set off in this country, and sooner than we think. I think they already have one of those missing Russian things.

Not optimistic,

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-23-2002, 10:32 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default James

The "wrong people" already HAVE their hands on these weapons...The only question is where and when they will be employed.What`s next? Well,I think Dubya and Putin are in the midst of that very discussion as we speak,and I,for one,sincerely hope they come to an agreement on what to do with Saddam,etal.

Peace,Griz
Old 05-23-2002, 10:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have given this some thought and there are a lot of very grim prospects. That being said, the answer is simple; hit back and hit back hard. There is very little we can do about those who wish to kill all of us besides get our defenses fixed up, stop screwing around with stupid theories and then accept reality. We?re not ready yet to do an anti-terrorist global war or a war on our turf and that is a non-partisan statement of fact. Time will change all that but right now I believe we?re sitting ducks dallying around with far too much nonsense. In terms of a massive strike on the USA, I shudder to think what that would look like. But for sure it would be chaos and bedlam of the highest order. Most would get through it and then there would be hell to pay, the steel gauntlet put on and used to full measure.

At present, I believe we can do a lot and have done a lot in identifying sources of mass destruction weaponry and sending not so subtle messages about the next move should those weapons come against us. Chances are someone isn?t going to heed the warning or isn?t going to care about the warning and a horrendous object lesson will have to be served up. Sadly, the forces we find ourselves against have no purpose other than the destruction of cultures/religions beyond their own. In meeting this threat I fear that a journey back through the instincts of primeval man will be necessary but we?ll have to take a bit of a serious whooping before we really get our blood up and then go ruthlessly destroy the threat.

As a Vet I possibly have a jaded view about the conduct of war but I do know that once the hitting starts, there isn?t anything to be heard but hitting back and there isn?t a lot of order or sense to it all. And the voices of moderation make no sound above the din and crash of battle. God willing we don?t get there, but if we do let us not go about in half measures.

Fair seas, Bill