The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2003, 08:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Rangel: U.S. Acted Illegally in Killing Uday and Qusay

Rangel: U.S. Acted Illegally in Killing Uday and Qusay

The U.S. acted illegally when its soldiers attacked and killed Uday and Qusay Hussein, a leading Democratic congressman complained on Tuesday, before mocking the military maneuver that succeeded in eliminating the brutal duo.

"We have a law on the books that the United States should not be assassinating anybody," Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-NY, told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

"We tried to assassinate Castro and we paid dearly for it," the Rangel contended. "And when you personalize the war and you say you're killing someone's kids, then they, in turn, think they can kill somebody."

When an incredulous Sean Hannity expressed dismay at Rangel's comments, the Harlem Democrat shot back, "How can you get so much satisfaction that two bums have been killed? We got bums all over the world and some in the United States."

Then Rangel mocked the U.S. military's success in killing the two Hussein heirs, saying, "I personally don't get any satisfaction that it takes 200,000 troops, 250,000 troops, to knock off two bums."
Old 07-23-2003, 03:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default He's Their Man!

In reading the latest utterances of Rep. Charles Rangel, I'm absolutely confounded by his utter hypocrisy, let alone his obvious stupidity, and his utter contempt for the military. Where was his righteous indignation when the Ruby Ridge debacle occurred? Where was his condemnation of the keystone kop attack at Mount Carmel? What doesn't this dunderhead understand about a military operation? Why does he have such difficulty understanding the very simple distinction between a military strike and an assassination attempt?

With every utterance of people like Rangel, at least a thousand more voters will flee the Democratic party, either to the opposition, or by absenting themselves from the voting booth. In either event, just like in 1994, 2000, and 2002, they will sit around scratching various body parts and wondering what happened, why the "people" didn't get their message. Well guess what, Skippy, we got your message, loud and clear, and as before, didn't like what we heard, and informed you accordingly!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 04:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Simply unbelievable !!!!

larry
Old 07-23-2003, 04:32 AM

Scout, you always talk about the Democrat's contempt for bush in some cases you might be right,but to say that Charles Rangel has contempt for the millitary is a bunch of bullsh!t! You have said a lot of things in the past some of which I have agreed with most of which I don't.
I know you think god stands on your right and tells you who is right and who is wrong I hate to be the one to tell you it ANT SO,do you know this man you are having so much fun running down has the PURPLE HEART for wounds. but your hater is showing for anyone to whom may not see things your way.
Now col. put that in your pipe and smoke it but first look to your right you never know who is looking.

razz
Old 07-23-2003, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Rangel was preaching to the alter boys, no more no less. I think I could have written out his script before he uttered a word. He?s predictable as the morning sun and really only speaks to his apostles, followers and sometimes to his constituents. That?s fair enough but his preaching?s about National or world events are just so many words filling the air to no avail. His strong suit is representation of the people of Harlem and maybe he should stick with that and stop trying to be some kind of guru spin-doctor with dumb pronouncements all frosted with supposed insight.

I think H&C bring on people like Rangel just to spice things up. The Democrats and Liberals have qualified people that make a lot more sense and they would be delighted to debate on the H & C show. But the lunatic fringe does a lot more for the ratings I?m thinking.

Scamp
Old 07-23-2003, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default rangle, smangle, dangle...Darrel.

Whether all-knowing liberal dribble or just plain dribble, Rangle makes himself out to be a political oneupsmanship fool (ABOVE ALL ELSE), better than anyone else could ever make him out to be. Hell, even his totally brainwashed and obedient followers and/or die-hard constituancy must also consider him a fool at this juncture,...especially given this latest nonsensical and absurd public display.

Though, and why-the-hell ANY American Politician would knowingly and publicly speak similarly as one would expect coming from some Iraqi Bath Party Official,...truly is mindboggling. But then, and since lately so many American Dems/Libs sound exactly like their French, German, Russian and UN counterparts (naturally having different accents),...I guess it all makes some kind of sense to someone? No doubt to The Press/Media and other students or teachers of a totally clique-serving entity having no redeeming social value whatsoever (for Public Sector excluded), which is called: Political Science and/or Politics.

Neil :cd: :cd:
Old 07-23-2003, 01:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

Kindly explain in real simple terms how being the holder of a Purple Heart, or any other award for that matter, is automatically granted extraordinary argumentative rights or privileges or supernatural intelligence. Just because Rangel has a Purple Heart doesn't mean that he shouldn't be a target for criticism when he's wrong, stupid, or foaming at the mouth. I certainly don't hate him, as I save my wrath and energy on much more meaningful targets. And by the way, I have two Purple Hearts, and a few more doodads, and the last time I looked over my right shoulder, God nodded His approval, and mentioned that He was pissed at you for not capitalizing His name. Now go stand in the corner and behave yourself!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-23-2003, 04:21 PM

Col. how long have you been hearing those voices? really go take your med's and lie down and put a cool rag over your face you'll feel better later.
razz
Old 07-23-2003, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Rangel,

Rangel,

Is a master inner city politician. He says whatever, whenever.
Sometimes I agree and other times I think he's totally lost it. Only problem is: when he goes off the deep end lots of naive inner city folks believe his retoric. However, he occassionally will make a valid point. He has great appeal to the inner city people folks he represents. He and Rev. Al are buddies. You never know where they are coming from or what they are going to say. Very entertaining guys but I sure wouldn't take much serious what they say.

Keith
Old 08-07-2003, 10:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Rangel,

As much as I admire and respect that salty gnarly Korea vet, he was totally wrong on this issue... and I could just hear the democrat propaganda oozing out of his words.

Assassination is not done openly, with fair warning having been given hundreds of times in hundreds of ways in advance, period.

The man is frustrated with his government, just like most of the rest of us... but America would be a far poorer place without him in it.