The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Homeland Security

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I can't imagine who you must have talked to on the west coast DL for them to have said that but no one here has an attitude like that. If the rest of the country felt that way we would not still be in Iraq.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2004, 05:51 PM

It was a few stray liberal minded anti-Bush, anti-military hippy types in the Seattle area (no offense fellas, they're everywhere, I just met a few when I was out there). In other words these particular in-duh-viduals were sorely uneducated as too the happenings of the world around them and believe that 9/11 was indeed the fault of GW in fact these particular conspiratists believe that he played an active role. This one guy actually believes that we never made it to the moon either. :re:

I appologize for lumping NY Staters in with the Citiots when I was talking about people not wanting to get involved in the affairs of others. I am a transplant to this state and although I love to visit the city on occassion I much prefer the wide open vistas that I have around me here in the Birkshires/Green Mountains/Catskills/Adirondacks. The Statue of Liberty is a beautiful sight to behold but so is the view of the Adirondack Mountains surrounding Lake George on an early morning in early spring, just after the ice breaks and the snow is still huddling under the pines and there is a fine fog wisping off the lake.

I've lived from coast to coast and north to south in this great country. The only place I havent been is the Northern Central states. But I have noticed the Cititude of people in just about every region. Not saying all people are like that, just that there seems to be a few dotted about. Except out here in Lebanon Valley where just about everyone is related to my husband. And I thought Schoharie County was inbred!

The people here do care about their neighbors. If my car is still in the driveway at 9:00AM on a Wednesday, I have people knocking on my door to check if I'm okay. I think I kind of like that feeling.

The volunteer fire department in Brainard is holding its annual pig roast and raffle fund raiser next month and that is big news around here!

For so long I thought that America was loosing it's hometown main street feeling. I hope that we are finding it again. If that is what those bastards taught us by their lack of humanity than we are all the stronger for it. I'm just so sorry that so many people had to die that day and so many more had their hearts torn out.
Attached Images
File Type: gif coffee008.gif (58.4 KB, 15 views)
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 07-06-2004, 05:55 PM

And David, with movies like Farenheit 911 there are more and more people turning a deaf ear to what honestly happened that terrible day. I've even heard a few folks in Albany talking that way at lunch last week. It was all I could do to not embarrass myself and cause a big scene. I wanted so bad to scream that they were fools but it would not have solved anything. Now they see people like me as a puritan Bush supporter and the war is losing favor. It breaks my heart to see that there are fewer and fewer donations in the box at the grocery store. Damn Media.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 07-06-2004, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

DL

You called it right. Your experience isone Griz can relate to. There are more than a few stray anti-bush, anti-military in that area.I'll bet Chris will tell you the same. Go figure. The military is a huge part of their economy.Griz does a slow burn at times when he reads the local rag.

Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."