The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation f16 pilot was ready to give her life on sept-11/2011

Because the surprise attacks were unfolding, in that innocent age, faster than they could arm war planes, Penney and her commanding officer went up to fly their jets straight into a Boeing 757.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...ODK_story.html

Sorry, I couldn't copy the whole article so go there and read the whole story.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 12:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

No one around on: "9/11" can ever deny that BOTH were the gutsiest U.S. Pilots, EVER.

Besides the long overdue public recognition for the Greatest National Defense Courage & Bravery displayed warranted,...if were up to me I'd at least insist that BOTH receive some belated high medal for what obviously was: "Service Above & Beyond".

Unarguably Selfless Heroes (whether successful or surviving or not) at minimum deserve a medal.
Don't any of you other Veterans think so?

Neil
Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The story was about Penny.

Quote:
“We wouldn’t be shooting it down. We’d be ramming the aircraft,” Penney recalls of her charge that day. “I would essentially be a kamikaze pilot.”…

They screamed over the smoldering Pentagon, heading northwest at more than 400 mph, flying low and scanning the clear horizon. Her commander had time to think about the best place to hit the enemy.

“We don’t train to bring down airliners,” said Sasseville, now stationed at the Pentagon. “If you just hit the engine, it could still glide and you could guide it to a target. My thought was the cockpit or the wing.”

He also thought about his ejection seat. Would there be an instant just before impact?

“I was hoping to do both at the same time,” he says. “It probably wasn’t going to work, but that’s what I was hoping.”

Penney worried about missing the target if she tried to bail out.

“If you eject and your jet soars through without impact . . .” she trails off, the thought of failing more dreadful than the thought of dying.

What she's doing today with her father...

http://pylonplace.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

In your browser click on Edit then Find on this Page to search Penney. 5 of 6 are about her father.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 PM

No one around on: "9/11" can ever deny that BOTH were the gutsiest U.S. Pilots, EVER.

Besides the long overdue public recognition for the Greatest National Defense Courage & Bravery displayed warranted,...if were up to me I'd at least insist that BOTH receive some belated high medal for what obviously was: "Service Above & Beyond".

Unarguably Selfless Heroes (whether successful or surviving or not) at minimum deserve a medal.

Don't any of you other Veterans think so?

Neil