The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2002, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ATTENTION AMERICA This is what this forum is about...

... I sit here tonight in tears after returning from our local chapter's meeting, and I would like to post this letter addressed to me as a reminder to all that read it, what this forum is all about, ....
...After reading it, I would like you all to sit back, and write this Veteran a short letter letting him know that there are people like us that still care...

John C. Stone
2220 16th st.
Troy N.Y.12180

Dear William C. Giles,
Sir Please excuse my writting For three years I have been fighting PTSD I was in the Va. hospital in the mental health ward due to a Vietnam Flashback. Three years ago I was releasedwith all kinds of pills to take and was told to see mental health doctor at the vet center once a month. Being a life member of the D.A.V.chapter #38 and a purple heart award, I would like you to send me any reminders or correspondences from our chapter.I am getting better, but still have a problem being around loud noise, shut doorws, a lot of people and leaving my homeand when I go out to the store by my self, I don't feel secure. I look forward to the day when I will be able to attend the meetings.

Thank you for your time
and understanding

Sincerely
John C. Stone

... I'm gonna do my best to try to contact him in the next few days, and see what I can do to get him out to next months meeting, A mailbag full of letters might make his world whole again, if only for the moment..."C"

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2002, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I would have thought...

...after 16 views that I would have seen a few responces stating "done"... as we all have a first class stamps laying around...
...Maybe it's me, I consider the men, and women of your era to be the most important generation ever, and to know that there is even one man, or women out there that feels the way this man does, brings me to my knees so to speak,
... I sent out a full mailing to all the veterans of our chapter trying to bolster, (chopper going over my house now from the guard), yes, I hear the sound of freedom 8- 10 times a day, and my heart pumps faster with every wop, wop, wop.) attendence, and when receiving a letter such as this, I crumble...
...I'm looking at the letter from this man whom I've never met, and see the writing skills of a 90 year old, there is not a straight line on it...
... Yes I tried to get his phone # already....unlisted, but I will make an appearence at his door within the next few days just to try to open it, along with his world again...
... I'm sure there are thousands of similer situations out there, but this one has my name addressed on it...
...just scolding, and maybe I don't have the right to here, so I'm sorry, No I was NEVER in country, but I do have PTSD, but this isn't about me, it's about a brother Veteran who does have PTSD, and if you could see the letter as I do, you understand...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-25-2002, 07:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default post reply?

Curtis old pal its not that we don't care, but with something like this you just don't sit down and write a letter like you would to your aunt Mary, You have to fomulate your thoughts and do it in such a way as to make him confortable reading it and not set off any trigger points that could get him wound up again. give us time. it will be done and beside its real early out here on the west coast and i haven't had my coffee yet your friend chris
Old 04-26-2002, 06:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I apoligize...

...for jumping on all of you for not reacting as fast as I wanted you all to do...
...I have my up, and down moments through the situations of the day, and after viewing his letter, and co-insiding it with my own feelings, I do over react emotionaly, but trying to err on the side of good...
... When I see ,or hear the word "Veteran", and it's associated with distress on their part, I see the injustice that has plagued so many that have served so faithfully, and been forgotten, and cast aside so freely, my emotions kick in so strongly, that I don't always think out my actions first, I shoot from the hip, knee jerk, what ever you call it. I'm sorry if you all were offended...
...I did write a short letter to him rather then just show up at his door unannounced, and included my phone #, etc, and I'll keep you posted...
...just looking for one miracle at a time until all Veterans are shone in the light of honor...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-26-2002, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Spoke to John...

...The mail travels in one day around here, and I got a call about an hour ago from John,just got off the phone ...
...from what I learned, He was with the 195/6th??? with the 25 inf div out of cu chi, in 67...???
... he is house bound with PTSD, and was very grateful that I had made contact...
...will stay in contact, and assist...
won't go into details, he lost his point man, and several real close buddies in his platoon...
... good news is, on the day they were hit, he ended up with his buddies wallet, and they just made contact 2 weeks ago, and he's in the process of mailing it back after 35 years...
... so now he's in contact with 3 people that he was there with...
... one day at a time.....................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-30-2002, 07:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Curtis, thanks for caring and helping this brother. Thank you
Old 04-30-2002, 02:50 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Well done,Curtis.Sounds like perhaps John is on the road to recovery.Invite him to the site.

Peace,Griz