The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2003, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey Volunteers and Sunshiners!!!!

49ers against the Bucs (Bucs: 6 point favorites)
Raiders against the Titans (tossup)
We're taking on the whole rest of the country!!
We don't care what the Rebels say
the North's gonna WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN again!
I bet all my strip mines in Tenessee and all my Cuban Cigar factories in Florida

James
Old 01-12-2003, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Perfect excuse

Now see, here's another example of how being 70% PTSD disabled really pays off--especially obtained while fighting the battles of our country--you get to say stupid stuff and still get respect.
A little respect here? 70% mentally disabled?? Plus 10% Hearing loss?
Thats the reason for this post--I was watching the TN/PT game yesterday and got so excited watching the TN kicker hafta kick the field goal 3 times and I thought, this'll be a BREEZE for the Raiders--we only have to kick it twice usually
So then I started getting flashbacks ("They...they got Johnny, Sarge...) and I transposed the Titans with the Jets, almost as if they were doing battle right today!!! I ran right out and called my standby VA shrink--he talked me down out of it.

Sorry to ignore you Jets fans--TN, we'll deal with you next week
James
Old 01-12-2003, 06:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking JAMES

Don't feel too bad. I'm lucky to remember where I parked or the names of my kids half the time.

Well, it's not going to be a Bay Super Bowl but the Raiders are still alive. Just gotta get past those Tennessee boys. Was sorry to see the 'Niners lose but, like the Giants-'Niners game proved, shit happens.

GO RAIDERS!!
Old 01-12-2003, 08:08 PM

Default It's over

The "Bucs" and "Raiders" get to do it again next week. Quit giving points, they didn't mean anything this week.

But, what do I know? I still root for the Bengals.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:16 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I'm not much of a football fan

Especially since they started swapping cities like baseball cards. The Indianapolis Colts just dosen't sound right and why are the LA Rams playing in St. Louis. I guess it is because the Cardinals are in Phoenix. I think if they move cities they should change names also. LOL. This all started with the Bronx Bombers.
Old 01-13-2003, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Mortardude

I known you were in Vietnam and with the 25th but wearing a Yankee cap and shirt at Fenway - that takes guts. Hell I would have hit you. Bet you didn't sit in the bleachers. Then again you are a brave man.

Football: A big fan since Johnny Unitas beat New York in '58. Have been known to make a wager or two during the season and seem to do well, except that damn Super Bowl III . Sorry James, the Radiers and the Bucs in the big show and your famous, old receivers will get hurt - Bucs win.
(Between us we are definately 100% insane so I have an excuse too.)

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Janet Marie Smith

Beware of women with 3 names,, I know Janet Marie Smith, she has a habit of riding the coat-tails of people and getting into sports construction jobs. She is smart but dumb as a post when it comes to really building something. I had to deal with her when we converted the Olympic Stadium to Turner field after the '96 Olympic Games. She was VP of design & construction at Turner properties then and called me to Bitch about a lighting problem that did not exist. I did not know who she was but told her she was to stupid to talk to and please get someone else on the phone. It turned out we were on a conference call and a couple of hours later people were comming up and shaking my hand for telling her off. The unfortunate thing was that the president of Turner properties design and construction was just as stupid as she was. EXAMPLE, once in a design meeting I was asked if we could light the playing field of Turner Field with the new energy efficient fluorescent lights like they had just redone the offices at the CNN building with. They are the reason that Turner Field has no outfield lighting and is a marginal baseball field for night-time play.