The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2005, 05:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It's Not Just A House, It's An Adventure!

?Life was hard for the pioneers but every now and then someone would get out the fiddle and make it all worse?
Been feeling like a pioneer these days, setting in a home that the original foundation was laid by the pioneers in the 1860s. Packed up the wagon and headed out from Californy. You know its time to move when you start tripping on your neighbors spent brass.
I can?t believe what a beautiful place this is . Its been raining some but that?s what you expect from Oregon in the Spring, isn?t it.
Been doing pioneer stuff too: clearing fields of fires, mining the trails, digging bunkers, filling sandbags, stringing trip wire. You know: Richmond neighborly stuff. I hum delightedly while I work: You never outgrow you need for ammo.
Had a little contretemps with the previous owner viz: all the crap he left behind. I mean your rural junkyard. Whats with you rural people? Think you don?t have to go to the dump just because no one can see your property?? . Things are easier now I got Sid as my role model?just hauled out the ol? 15 shooter, grabbed the little long haired weasel up, stuck the 9 hole in his ear and said: ?Hey there hippie--How?d you like to be shaking hands with Elvis???
(??. I gotta beeeee meeeee! I Got to be meeeeeeeeeeeeee!
What else could I be but who I aaaammmm!...?
Frank Sinatra, another good role model)
Well the little fella just caved and saw sweet reason quicker?n a mortar round dents a Mermite Can, no doubt of it. Human relations are a whole lot easier now Ive come out of the closet as a gun owner and accepted Sid in as my personal role model!!
Ever notice how long hair and beards have gotten big in the country?? Dang I remember when only hippies wore em?back when I was a hippie. That was back in the Day when Willie Nelson didn?t even have beard stubble. Got in more than one fight with straight looking country folk who mistook me for a flower child back in The Day, they were surprised. I still smile when I think of it!
People up here seem to be cleaner, finer folk than Californians-clean limbed, strong jawed. Seems like all the sober, hard workers took the Oregon Trail while all the Scalawags headed for California to fleece the miners.
Hay Bob and Andy!! Oregon is governed by a Polack!! Yep, Governor Kolongoski (sp?) What does this portend?
This will be good for my son when he moves here, he?s half Polack and half African American?and that?s just on his mom?s side!! (ps: that?s WHITE African American, for those who already know my blonde blue eyed son)
Been looking for a good truck to buy and of course I mean a Ford, mebbe an F150 or 250 this time (Ive always liked Rangers because I WAS a Ranger, sort of). Used of course?A new Ford truck costs as much as I paid for my first House! ($30 K)(1972)
I wanted to wait till I got here to buy a truck because:
A theyre cheaper
B No sales tax
C Only a cursory smog check
D Did I say no sales tax?
No Sales tax!! That?s an 8.9%.discount over everything you can buy in CA!! (besides food.) I smile delightedly again.

I finally got the phone hooked up?Used to be you just called up Ma Bell and they sent a man out and hooked you up, had to wait all day for him?remember?? Now it takes you an hour just to find out which telephone company is yours, then they do it all from the office.
Theyre sending out the equipment for the High Speed Dial up?I wanted to get it on the Satellite but they said that?s about a year away from happening in this area.
So this is coming to you by way of the Earthlink/dialup thing?it?s peripatetic.
They got a strange power company: The power cooperative?sounds like something you find in Moscow but folks here got raped by Enron almost as much as CA did?it?s a self defense issue.
I mentioned before that Oregon is The Place Most Like Tennessee Outside of Tennessee, didn?t I. My Volunteer friends are going to feel right at home here, I?m even starting to talk rural too: ?Yep bub, you jist take the Harrisboig Road till you come to Red Briggs place, make a left on 228 and follow that till you get to see a big feed store, then?..?
Its going to be fun here?Oh look there?s something to kill!!
Back soon!!
Stay good, all

James

picture shows the place--first thing I'm gonna do is paint it cammo
Old 03-30-2005, 05:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Looking good James. Gonna need to get you a dog pretty soon !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Great house!!!! Great governor!!!! sounds like you got the world by the short-hairs
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-30-2005, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just one thing, that house has got to be painted different. Get some of the Realtree or Predator paint down at the Co-op. That would be good for the vehicles too.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Some things you need

James, I thought of a few things for a shopping list.

Reloading supplies
Wood splitter
Lots of gunpowder
Wood burning stove
Extra Brass
Propane fueled emergency generator
basic load of 10,000 rounds
nice shooting bench

The house definitly needs a paint job

More ammo

I just saw a commercial for the Navy, Showed ships, planes and all kinds of high tec stuff. AD and Tomahawk missles launching.
The GOTCHA line for the commercial was.

"Rocket science is more fun when you have real rockets"
Old 03-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question What City or County are you living in?

Keep up the good work James.

Keith
Old 03-30-2005, 10:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Sounds like you got it going good there James hell now you are close enough almost for a day trip from Seattle.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink Headed up

to the LAZY J homestead on Friday to help James and Sue move in their brand new appliances. While there, I'll probably help in determining gun emplacements; set claymores and trip flares; fill sandbags; etc.. Maybe even get to help pick out a pick-'em-up [with gun rack in rear window, of course]; I love spending other people's money .

John: Sue, with her big heart, was very active in Pit Bull rescue work here. She took 4-5 with her to the Great Outdoors of Oregon. When you come to visit, bring some LARGE bones or a small animal with you to occupy the dogs with so you can get out of your car .

You know I'm VERY happy for you, my friend. However, I'll greatly miss our breakfast rendevouz [With Destiny ]. But, like you said, you'll be down here frequently to check in on your Mom. We'll definately make the most of those times. Plus, we make a couple of trips a year up to the Pacific Northwest [WA-ID] to see friends and relatives. It'll be great to have a half-way spot to lay-over at.

James, your friendship has been one of the best things to come out of me stumbling onto the old Veteran's board on the History Channel site 4-5 years ago. It's been great having someone so close that has experienced many of the same things that I have; i.e, growing up in the Bay Area in the '50s/'60s; being a paratrooper; serving in the 101st in Nam when it was still just the 1st bde.; humping some of the same ground around Duc Pho; being in some of the same areas in the Highlands; jumping into some of the same DZ's at Bragg; experiencing some of the same bullshit while serving with a stateside airborne unit; being afflicted with wanderlust, feeling the need to pick up and move on to a different area every few years. Paratroopers are a bit crazier than most, so birds of a feather............. But, the best thing that we have shared in common was our trip back to Vietnam together. You will forever have my gratitude for talking me into making this trip with you. It definately became one of the high-spots in my often-peeked-and-valleyed life. I've come to realize that it put a bit of balance into my life that was needed. In me you have a friend for life. I'd go with you to a gunfight any time, my friend. Looking forward to seeing you Friday.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Doc.2/47

Tom
Before you go up there you might want to make sure his plumbing is already hooked up.
Sandbags is one thing,shitburning detail is something else again.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James :

Where do you live in Oregon ? Is it close to anywhere I could fly into some day ? Proud for you brother ! Take care.

Larry