The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2006, 05:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Global Warming

You think is real? Al Gore thinks so. That in itself is reason to be causious.
Time mag latest edition has a polar bare on the cover with the frase, Be afraid, be very afraid. They talk about the oceans rising and temps going up.
Hears something they forgot, in the 70s Time mag said that we were heading for a Ice age?
The warmest temp recorded in the Arctic was in the 40s, the warmest temp recorded in the Ant-arctic was in the 60s.
The seface of the earth sits on moving tectonic plates, the temps and climates and weather in general are as dynamic as the movement of the continents. Eathquakes, valcanos, huricans, etc are not caused by global warming, The earth itself is a very dangerous place to live, if your talking about the history of the earth. Everything as we know today will not be hear in a million years, anything on the ocean floor will come up somewhere else as a valcano. Its easy to prove this, Just look at the Hawaiian Islands, They stretch from the big Island all the way to the coast of Japan where they go back under the tectonic plate that starts at Japan and covers Russia, Thats why Japan has so many earthquakes, The slipping of the plates against each other.
Same thing in California, except the plates changed directions a long time ago, (after the formation of the rockies) and are now slidding past each other .
Global warming, I think not.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

When what should be solid science is levered, politicized, propagandized, traumatized and bullshitized, then the basic premise comes into question.
I absolutely know that once outside the US and Western Europe, especially in current or recent Communist countries there is no such thing as air quality standards, emission controls, stack gas scrubbers, stack gas atomizers, etc., nada.
I?m used to stack gas but last trip through Bejing made my eyes water and get irritated, nose run, got a rasping caugh; gone native so to speak, talk about the most polluted air in the world, that be it.

Russia and the former East block countries are nothing short of a massive environmental pigpen, and probably non-cleanable for generations to come. Speaking of China, when are the Seattle luminaries going to demand that China cease and desists on the construction of the Three Gorges hydroelectric project, only the biggest one ever attempted. But I suppose they are focused on closing down the Grand Coolie, John Day, Chief Joseph, etc., Columbia River hydroelectric plants right now, so are a bit busy and preoccupied.

There are few alternatives to fossil fuel power plants and when I see luminaries like Sen. Harry Reid drop his stead fast opposition to any new nuke plants, or Kennedy n? Son drop their opposition to wind turbines off Massachusetts, I?ll reckon there maybe something to their collective caterwallering.

Till then, I?ll just have to be content to observe the Nth degree of hypocrisy; do as I say, not as I do, methodology and listen to the scary campfire stories emanating from the ?soggy one? from Tennessee.

Scamp
Old 07-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default sea

We in the USA are a airigant bunch. we use a calendar that is 2006 years old. The Chineese have been keeping a calender that is 5000 years old, there 1000 year old artifacts mean nothing to the China government its kinda like a 40 year old house here in the US would mean to the US government.
And the Three Gorges dam is done, the lake is not full yet.
A million years from now, earth will still be right where it is , just no humans.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Correct, dam is complete but the turbines and valves are being fitted out at present. Lot of US content in the power generation side of the project, including the inlet valves.
And yes, China is a very ancient culture that was well advanced while most our ancestors were still very, very primitive and still little known of today.

Scamp
Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default sea

Chineese were the first Humans on the American continant.
Found balist from somewhere in China along the coast of Costa Rica indecating a boat from China had been there 12,000 years ago, Before the astec, Palio indians, Incas, Myon, all those, came after the dated balist, Columbus what a joke.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ask yourself one question....What mechanism reversed all the ice ages ( including one recently ) and made ice over 1/3 of the land mass, melt ?

Certainly not cavemen in SUVs ... LOL

It is all a BIG scam to get government grant money.

Larry
Old 07-12-2006, 02:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Global Warming

Well,

I believe there probably is global warming. However, we know that earth goes through ice ages and then warming. 2000 years ago Greenland was called green land because of the forrests, and Great Britian was the biggest supplier of grapes for the Roman Wineries. So we know the earth was much warmer 2000 years ago than it is now.
Science must try to figure out if the warming is a regular cycle or caused by human interferance.
I believe that most environmentalist are reactionary and not really good scientists. Only time will tell.

Larry I'm sure some scientists will get good grant money to study the issue.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Now how can you hypocrites doubt the very word of the man who invented the Internet? Pie yumpin' yiminies, ya must be breathin' them carbon dioxides or sumthin', doncha know!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sometime back Freon was the identified global warming bad guy and we raced around eliminating all Freon. So problem encountered, problem solved, right? Not yet, I guess.

As to grant money, sure, that?s the answer. I?m sure there is a grant money funded environmental impact study that totally delineates the results of a frog peeing on a lily pad.

But in this instance I?m not so sure those with vested interest in stirring the pot and political propagandizing want a qualified and authentic scientific study. No, I think not. Esoteric scary stuff is a money cash cow and the person with the conical hat blabbering in pseudo-science, half speak, deception and non-sense rakes in the take and presumably the votes.

Scamp
Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I do believe that we should take better care of the earth. I do believe in Global Warming to a certain point. With the population growing to larger numbers than ever its hard not to have an effect on the climate. BUT, you will find the nastiest polution in places that like to preach to us about things. India and China are disgusting. A 2nd cousin of mine goes to India every year for some stupid reason. He says that the smog there makes LA seem like its mountain fresh.

All in all I think people like to scare people. Some people like to be scared. I'm sick of it all. There will be another ice age whenever. Its not like we have temp records of the earth for FOREVER.