The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Veterans Day 11-11 is soon here

A day to reflect on all Veterans - but yet a day to attend my Grand-Daughter's school for morning school breakfast. Her school said to bring in a family member who was a Veteran - so she asked her PaPa if I would come. I said why not. The food can't be that bad and she said it was. One thing I've learned over my years is to support these kids while they are in school and to show an interest in what they do and try to help them through some of the challenges that their piers throw at them. Did it for my kids and now my grand-kids.

My little 5-yr old Grand-Son my have kidney stones? We are waiting on some more test and the little guy is having pains. Running a fever and having trouble urninating. He's on med's but they have to watch him. We are all a little worried about this situation.

If I don't post much lately I have my reasons. Wife is doing poorly, still paying my daughters rent and buying her food, and now the little guys is under the weather. Me? I've felt better but I'm doing OK.

Best wishes to all my Veteran - Bud's may God be with you all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats

May the Good Lord be with you and your family during these hard and trying times.

You and yours are in our prayers.

Have fun with your Grandaughter on Veterans Day. I'll be thinking of you both my brother.

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ditto

what my Brother Gimpy said. Tough times Brother Boats....but you've been through worse. Hang tuff Bro! Thanks for taking what little time you have to make those wishes and to be with your Grands on Veterans Day. What a treat for you and her.

All will get better. Keep us posted. We are here for you.

Packman

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats

What my 2 southern Bro's said (Damn!!! I just realized I'm agreein' with these 2 guys)....Get them well and come on down to the mtn with me next April.
HAPPY VETERANS DAY

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-04-2008, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I've sent letters to Kerry, Kennedy, and my House Rep telling them that one small way they can help vets is to make it a national holiday for honorably discharged veterans. All we'd have to do is give a copy of our DD214 to our employers and we'd get the day off with pay.

They've always answered with some spin bulls**t saying it would be detrimental to the morale of the American workforce and would put an undue strain on the people who had to work that day and it would mean extra money employers would have to shell out for someone not working, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Thanks for thinking of us you douchebags.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats

hope your grand son will be fine. To all my brothers and sisters thank you for your service to our nation. Thank all the men and women on active duty today fighting for our way of life.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats, from one sailor to another I hope for the very best for you and yours. I know what it's like to have a ill grandchild. Hang in there, my wife and I will say a prayer for you.

Any day above ground is a good day
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keep movin Brother. Prayers going out from my family to yours.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ah RevDoc

Just ask about when the VA Cut Andy's disability from 100% to 0 because his cancer remissed. He wrote those two "douche bags" and didn't get any answer. I got hold of Sen. Jay Rockefellar's office. Two days later, the VA called Andy, apologized for "the mistake" and he got his 100% back. Now, remember, Kerry's a "decorated" Vietnam Vet. I see the free thinking people of Mass but him back in. Same idiots that put Murtha back in in Pennsylvania. Idiots.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Yeah, Kerry was re-elected but the word is that he'll be offered a cabinet post or something. Personally, I didn't vote for him; not only for this issue but that he enthusiastically voted for the bailout bill. He sold out Middle Americans.