Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Distinctions
Staff 
Post I am seeking contributors for my conservative political blog.

I would like to call on those of you on PF who are of a conservative persuasion to consider contributing for my blog, The Conservative Files (link in my sig). You do not need to post every day, or even every week. You do need to have a passion for writing and conservatism and know what you are talking about. If you are interested in contributing to this blog, please email me or PM me and provide me the following:

Name
Website address (if you have one related to the blog so I can link it if you are OK with that and get you more visits)
What interests you about being a contributor? (This can also be a "What qualifications do you have, i.e. education, journalism experience, etc. that you would like me to know about for considering you for a contributor position)

If you are interested in joining my dad and I on spreading conservative thought, we would love to have you aboard. So, to sum up, if you like writing and are a proud conservative with strong ideas, please consider being a part of The Conservative Files team.

Daniel Sauerwein

President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Civil War History
Military History Blog
Frontier Battles
5th Minnesota Infantry, Company D

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 PM

I don't think you'd like what I'd write. I personally think that what passes for conservative today is as intellectually and morally bankrupt as what passes for liberalism. Conservatives have become apologists for capitalism, globalism, materialism, piss pot dictators (those who agree with us), social policies that don't work, and big government. Kinda sounds like the libs, doesn't it?
I wonder how many conservatives have ever read Russell Kirk?
Not many, I expect.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
Staff 

Funny you mention Russell Kirk. I belong to the Intercollegiate Studies Institute and they deal greatly with his works. I actually have on my To Read list his works "The Conservative Mind" and "The Politics of Prudence". Tell you what Advisor, if you have musings based on Kirk and early conservative thinkers, I would love to see them and judge for myself if they would be good for my blog.

President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Civil War History
Military History Blog
Frontier Battles
5th Minnesota Infantry, Company D

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:06 PM

I had the honor of meeting Dr. Kirk in 1967 and spent a very stimulating hour with him. One thing that struck me was his humility. He was not arrogant (like many "great thinkers" are). He treated this mere undergraduate as an equal and didn't talk down to me. He was genuinely interested in what I had to say.