The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2003, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ET phone home

Now for something completely different. I have been looking for extraterrestrials lately. You know, the little green men. SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Inteligence) is the scientific research program that is using the Arecibo, Puerto Rico radio telescopes to scan the heavens for radio waves that might be signals made by intelligent life. It takes mucho computer capacity to analyze all the signals coming in to differentiate between background radio waves and anything that might be ET's version of the Osbornes. They have asked for help from people with computers to aid them in this. They have a program you can download that is a screen saver that anlyzes data when you are not using your computer. I did that. It takes my computer about 36 hours to analyze abut a second of captured radio waves so there are a lot of radio waves out there in space. The are emitted by several different natural sources and that is all they have found after years of searching. But who knows, I might get lucky. The web site for SETI is http://www.seti-inst.edu/
Old 03-31-2003, 12:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Doc

I think you had way way too much fun down here. Please don't start wearing tin-foil on your head. I'll call Shirley.

Purple People Packo

(Beau, I mean no disrespect to any Purple People, just a joke)

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I used to run that on a computer I had a couple years ago. I don't think I ever completed one cycle with as much as I used the machine
Old 03-31-2003, 01:37 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Fred

Take your hand off the mouse. Put both hands on your head. Stand up and take three steps to the rear. The nice young men in the clean white coats have come to take you away, but on a vacation . Everything will be just fine. Think about flying the green frog, have you been talking to it, have you listened very closely, he may be giving you instructions. The instructions may be false. The frog may have to be turned over to the authorities, he may not be your friend.

Stay real healthy, keep taking the meds,
Andy
Old 03-31-2003, 01:47 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Fred

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Peace,Griz
Old 03-31-2003, 02:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Packo, don't you know anything?

The tin foil on the head prevents communication. If you want communication you put rabbit ears on your head. At least that is what the frog said.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

1CAV,

Why are you looking for them on your computer? Just turn on CNN....

Arrow>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-31-2003, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Doc I think I've seen them too. but then maybe I didn't. Oh hell If you see one tell them where I live so they can come and take me away from it all thanks Doc.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1st cav

My kid asked me about ET one time (because she know how smart I am) What I told her was , lets say for the sake of argument that there are ETs, How is it possible for them to be hear.
1. they would have had to travel 1000 years at the speed of light 186,000 miles per second. to get here from the nearest solar system that may have a similar star planet organization that may have life. Not real likley.
2. There may be a nother planet like earth on the other side of the sun from us, rotating as we do but never seen. This is at least possible, also not likley.
3. If there is such a thing as a ET there going to be very inteligent beings and not some one eyed green monster. Remember, were talking about space travel.

What I don't understand is why our government cover this stuff up. Anyone with half a brain can figure out ,if there covering it up there must be something to cover up.

Ron
Old 03-31-2003, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I don't think so

I think the government would probably want to keep this a secret but I don't think they are competent enough to do it for so long. My experience is in the short run they keep things secret even when they shouldn't and in the long run they can't keep things secret even when they should.

All this program does is eavesdrop. These radio waves so far are naturally produced and have traveled at the speed of light for sometimes extremely long times. If we do intercept something it could be hundreds of thousands of years or more old.