The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2018, 05:41 AM

Arrow Happy Father's Day to all Dad's (past & present)

Time today to reflect on our heritage and all our Fore-Father's who proceeded us to this point. I never met my Great Grand - Father but I knew of him through my Grand-Father.
I had a early childhood of divorces and separation from both parents during these trying times. My sibling Brother and Sister(s) (1- set pf twins) were also caught up in the nasty business of divorce issues. Not pleasant and separations were difficult.

My kids only know one Dad & Mother I had to have it that way knowing the damage that results from the early divorces of my parents.

After several orphanages and foster homes and being separated from my Brother & Sister's was traumatic (everlasting). My real Mom eventually found me and got custody. I bonded once more with my Little Sister Chrissy - whose now gone and was my greatest friend. My new Step-Dad Johnny took me in and did everything he could to teach me about becoming a man. I called him Pap and he accepted that. He too is now gone as is my real Father & Mother.

Growing up was difficult but Johnny gave me what I needed to grow up. His Brother's from WWII were also there and my best uncle Butch (biker) winged me like a little brother.

It's difficult to loose those who were there for you and you could consul with. I've got one Grandson - he calls me Papa. He's 14 now and boy is he getting tall. His father deserted him as well and it was tough on him and still is. So I'm basically the one he turns to for now but I see him now drifting away as men do. We are still close and I teach him what I know in hopes that something sticks for later in life.

Father's Day brings back alot of memories - some good some bad. But life is what it is and you never know what's in a box of chocolates (per Forest).

So guys & gals whatever was in your past you have to work through it. Dad's and Uncle's help out a lot. If your Dad's alive be very happy you still have him. Let him know how much you care and appreciate what he's done for you. If you've come from a broken family make sure - your family doesn't have to go through that.

God Bless all Father's everywhere - raise them right and be an example they can look up to.

Boats

PS - Just to let you know my wife Kathleen & I have been married 50 years.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2018, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL!!!!!

My wife's father and my father have been promoted to glory years ago. We have three sons and have been married 47 years.

AGAIN - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL.....

Hardcore
Old 06-18-2018, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ditto-ditto, Boats.

Your words: "God Bless all Father's everywhere - raise them right and be an example they can look up to."...are truly good and wise words.

Neil