The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Nuclear Weapons

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Arrow China turns down nuclear arms control talks with US and Russia

China turns down nuclear arms control talks with US and Russia
By: Marty Johnson - The Hill News - 07-10-20
Re: https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-us-and-russia

China has doubled down on its stance that it won't engage in nuclear talks with the U.S. and Russia, reiterating that it has made its position on the matter "very clear."

Zhao Lijian, spokesperson for China's Foreign Ministry, said Friday that the U.S.'s offer to join the talks with Russia was "neither serious nor sincere."

“China’s objection to the so-called trilateral arms control negotiations is very clear, and the U.S. knows it very well. However, the U.S. is persistent on the issue and even distorted China’s position,” Zhao told reporters, according to The Associated Press.

The U.S. and Russia — former Cold War foes and still the world's largest nuclear powers — met in Vienna at the end of last month to begin work on extending the New START treaty that was agreed upon in 2010 and is slated to expire in February.

New START sets several terms, including limiting the number of deployed nuclear warheads the U.S. and Russia can have at 1,550 apiece and regulating the deployment of weapons that can launch the warheads. The agreement also creates a verification program that features 18 on-site inspections per year.

The Trump administration has been pushing for China, which has the third largest amount of nuclear warheads behind the U.S. and Russia, to join the treaty, but Beijing has been steadfast in its opposition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: I see that these nuclear weapons agreements tied to trade negotiations. If they get a good trade agreement - reduction in nuclear weapons may result?

However, these arrangements will never quite occur with the current folks in power. Strong arm techniques won't work with the nations - as they have to rule their people by strength rather than common sense. To agree with negotiations would seem to be a weakness to their people rather than a gain.

All the money they all spend on weapons of mass destruction - could be used to improve their people's livelyhoods - but they don't seem to care - as it would show their people they are weak leaders and then their power would be diminished in their eyes.

This is the problem with the world ideology today. I'm not the smartest person but I see dangerous games afoot - leading to massive destruction - which could have been eliminated by all nuclear parties with a little common sense.

The nature of our worlds leader's today - around the world - is to deal with strength and illogical never ending negotiations. This can only end one way - total destruction of their countries and their people - plus most likely - the world itself.

A true leader would see this - and do his or her best - to work for world peace. As far as religious issue's - this is another world wide issue. Brainwashed since birth to believe that their religion is more powerful than any other's is another extreme of which can not be rectified. Why? Centuries of time have burdened this world to fight over religious rights.
Why not all agree to say their is one Supreme Being or Maker of all who is identical in its words that peace can only rule on Earth - short of total annihilation. Holy wars are the worst because of heretic's or mullah's & etc. We are all born the same way and we all die. That's the short end of it. No body that has died and come back except by the writings of men.

Does this make me a heretic? I was raised a Catholic - but I'm not a practicing Catholic.
I won't know anything until the day I die - I will be cremated and my ashes will go into a dumpster. (Cost savings). My family knows these are my wishes. If there is a God I will know then. If there is a Devil - I may run across him as well. These are all ancient beliefs or words, of which I've been told - give people comfort. I hope they all have their heaven - but most likely it will be the long dirt nap that we all get.

I apologize to all those who will call me a heathen - but will that hurt my feelings, will I fight you over those words? Hell no - this is why we have so many issues on this Earth. Believe in what you want to - that is your right! We all have a beginning and we all have an end!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links