The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2003, 03:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dean's Southern Strategy

In designing a "strategery" on "How to Win Southern Voters," Howard Dean has cobbled together a plan that makes could only have been conceived in a Mad Scientist's laboratory. Let's see:

He wants to appeal to those guys with Confederate flags in the back of their pickups, a comment certain to anger, if not completely turn-off the Blacks.

He gets endorsed by Al Gore, whose lack of support for Article II, (that's the Right to bear arms, for those of you in Rio Linda, or poorly lit little rooms), and it still hasn't dawned on Dean that he has just contradicted his earlier statement about those guys driving the pickups!

Further hobbling his "Little Angry Man from the Frozen North" juggernaut, is Dean's endorsement by Gore, a man who lost every state in the South, including his own home state.

The hard-left turn by the Democrat party, its abandonment of anything even vaguely resembling a centrist position, and its ongoing alienation of the majority of the voters will result in a disaster for the Democrats that will make the McGovern loss look like a minor flesh wound.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 01:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Col. Scout.........

No doubt Howard Dean has a long row to hoe and his early ?something for everyone? strategy seems to be way, way left leaning but has got him on the national bandstand.

?Everyone? doesn?t seem to include Middle America, Corporate America, Business owners, ranchers, farmers and the millions and millions of people that make our national economy work each and every day, so I don?t see how that is going to play with the DNC, but we?ll see. In the South Dean has some real challenges no doubt, but overall he has to drag the bell shaped curve of political distribution further left than we have ever gone in our national history, ever. This is potentially real good news for the recipients and beneficiaries that receive their daily manna from Uncle Sugar or similar organization but a pending disaster for those who provide the jobs, services, products and tax base funding that fuels and drives the whole rig.

As well, Dean seems to jump around, contradict himself and serve up a lot of ill advised and/or false information. If he gets the DNC nod and becomes ?Da Man? my bet is that he will settle into a defined platform that will act to send him high-tailing it back to the left-center of the bell shaped curve (that?s where all the votes are, by jingo). At that time there is a possibility that the real Howard Dean will emerge and I?ll lay odds that all the pre convention frabadabba will just go poof and he?ll look more like the usual Democratic Party Candidate. I wouldn?t be a bit surprised to find that deals are already being struck and the yet to emerge Dean is being defined right now. At the end of the day I?m sure that the true Liberal philosophy adherents are going to feel like the rug has been yanked out from under them, one more time.
It?s a mathematical reality and a certainty that no one has ever beat the center of the bell shaped curve, no one, and Dean (as he speaks this moment) isn?t going to do it either, bet on that.

That?s all that?s coming out of the dual incense burners today Col., LOL

Scamp
Old 12-10-2003, 03:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Scamp

All the while your chrome-plated double-clutchin' incense burners are emanating that highly unusual aroma, I might have counseled sitting back in your gnu-hide covered Bark-A-Lounger just a tad farther away from said fumes. Admitedly, the potentially large increase in hand-outs for the hand-wringers is a frightening scene for those of us still in the tax-paying category, an ever decreasing number. But I do take notable exception that somehow Dean will drift back towards center, assuming he wins the brass ring of the nomination. Dean's idea of a brass ring is one that he will insert into the nose of the DNC, then proceed to drag them even more left than they would have even dared to go themselves. His visible and obvious anger will preclude much compromise with the power brokers, and his multiple positions on issues will be given a free pass by the free press. The voting public will be as confused about the real Howard Dean even more than they are about the real Al Gore - kinda like a bastard child at a family reunion.

On an even funnier note, I read that Hillbilly Lite, aka Wesley Clark, has deigned to add Hillary Clinton's name to his list of possible veep candidates! The fact that he's still alive 24 hours after this comment is living proof that he's a survivor, albeit not a very bright one.

So sit back, just a bit further, keep that incense lit, and extend more words of wisdom!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Col. Scout.....

Col. Scout

Unless some scoundrel bag O? fart has laced my incense cones with crazy making medicament, I?ll stick with the concept that the DNC and Democratic Party will tame Dean, get him broad based and real or steam roll him into sail making parchment. Agreed that the DNC and Democratic Party appear to be in disarray, in need of a Mecca ground spike, a cohesive platform, and a personality that can galvanize the membership, I can?t argue with that at all. However I?m not prepared to accept that the old fire, spirit and infrastructure is going to be led around by a nose ring by the likes of Dean, not yet anyway. He is making his way around the Democratic Party encampment and pissing on every ones campfire and I don?t see a Roy and Dale ?Happy Trails? ending in all that. I think that when all concerned parties understand that Dean doesn?t really have a platform or a plan and is just pulling sperm of the moment, feel good, warm and fuzzy thoughts out of a Crackerjack box, there is going to be some heavy moving and shaking coming down from all sectors of the Left. I totally believe that the left side of center is not down for the count and is yet to get into the ring or really heard from. I think the Gore endorsement is ample evidence that there is big trouble in Democrat City. In my opinion Gore is a leper in his own Party that does little more then go around and pitch mud on the wall to see if anything sticks. And like Dean, he has full floating ruder that has no connection to a helm, compass or navigational system. Good match up I think. In all likelihood Dean will hang himself with his own tongue and will have a ton of big time hanging help from the DNC. But as always, we?ll see what we see I suppose.

Scamp